• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Musical itg

Just fitted the itg kit and it's amazing!! But can't understand why my cold air feed plays a tune! It's like when u blow over the top of a bottle when idleing if u move the feed it stops anyone else experienced this?

haha sounds intresting! im looking at the ITG maxogen kit for my EP. is there much induction noise from this kit?

In my opinion yes but I come from a vag background the kit is really good I've just called itg and spoke to Andy Jackson who developed the kit he thinks the wire in the feed is causing it to resonate? He's sorting me out a feed replacement I'm glad I didn't buy the tegiwa cause the itg is supposed to be the quite one !

haha yeah tegiwa's induction kits is like the grump m one there fairly loud for induction sound. hmm might get one of the ITG kits soon then. where have you put the air feed to? down to the wheel arch or more towards the front bumper?

I'd love to see/hear a video of your musical itg! I've not had that problem.

I put an air feed to mine from the foglight hole. Have a look at post 238 in my build thread.

My brother has had two EP3's and has had an ITG maxogen on both, they are great bits of kit imo. He didnt come across the musical noise though lol.

I've took the whole thing apart and started again and it's humming at me at idle it will do it without the cold feed attached too so that blows itg's theory.... Been googling and finding the accord also hums loudly once you change the filter could it be a leak elsewhere or idle control valve

Back