• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 03 NHB Type R

Hello everyone! I thought it was about time that I created a progress thread for my Civic Type R after owning it for over 3 weeks now.

A little bit about me, I come from owning a string of French hot hatches the last being a mint Clio 172 Cup and before that a Saxo VTS. However I am no stranger to the Honda brand with my brother owning an EG Civic, EJ VTI Coupe, EK9 Type Rx, 1 Facelift EP3 Type R & 1 Pre Facelift Type R (in that order) in the past. Its fair to say I knew what I was getting with the Civic :D.

So after over three and a half years of happy ownership of the Clio I decided the time had came for a change and an EP3 seemed like a sensible change. I was set on a Milano red one at first but after looking at them I quickly began to take a shine to Nighthawk black ones. I also prefer the cosmetics of the pre facelift but that said I do still like facelift's. Apart from the usual things my final requirement was that the car had to have excellent service history and relatively low mileage (sub 70k).

So with all of that in mind I started searching for the right car and after a couple of months one popped up in Dumfries that ticked all of my boxes which I bought 3 Saturdays ago now.

The car is an 03 plate NHB model and only has 47k miles on :D. Mechanically it is sound however there are a few things which need putting right with the exterior/interior to bring it up to my high standard!

My to do list looks like this:

1. Give the interior a full valet/detail. - DONE
2. Give the car a full detail/paint correction.
3. Have the wear to the drivers side bolster repaired.
4. 4 x new tyres (either REO50's/Eagle F1's).
5. Refurb all 4 alloy wheels.

Once this little lot has been sorted I will then start looking at Mod's for the car etc, but for now there is enough there to keep me and my wallet busy :lol:.

Here's some pics of the car at the moment and what I have done already;

First thing was to take off the previous owners private plate and put the cars original plates back on;

Both old plates off and area behind cleaned with some Megs all purpose cleaner, Valet Pro tar and glue remover then washed and dried:

Whilst doing this I my OCD kicked in and I noticed that my boot lock was looking grubby:

So I cleaned this up quickly:

I then gave the full interior a thorough valet (no pics), part of which was to steam clean the seat belts as the rear ones were minging and front ones dirty too. Mould on rear belt:

and steam cleaned with some Autoglym interior shampoo and wiped down with a hot damp micro fibre:

then left to dry and process repeated for all 4:

With the interior all sorted and the new plates stuck back on the car was given a very quick was before I headed out to take some pics of how the car stands:

I will update the thread as I go. Sorry for the quality of some of the pics too.

Thanks for looking!

Looks like you have a good start anyway pal! Looks really clean and very low miles for a 03! Just be prepared for lots and lots of cleaning to keep nhb looking clean! For a day lol....

Looks like you have a good start anyway pal! Looks really clean and very low miles for a 03! Just be prepared for lots and lots of cleaning to keep nhb looking clean! For a day lol....

Thanks a lot mate, yeah I was over the moon to pick one up with such low mileage! I am heavily into my detailing so I will b able to get the car to a clean condition but with this being my first black car I am realising what a pain they can be to keep that way lol.

You did well to find a good low miler on a 53 plate,not many more miles than mine. Lol mine is my first black car too! Had a satin before this one and it seemed like I could leave it almost a week and it would still look clean! Can't leave this one a day without it being covered in dust and looking grubby! I'm quite heavily into detailing as well so it is a bit of a pain!! I'm sure the neighbours think I'm a bit crazy out cleaning it all the time!!

Back