• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 5th ep3!

So guys. Thought I would start a new thread that I can update as I go. Recently i bought my 5th ep3 and I'm hoping it's going to be the fastest yet..my last 2 were both running 259bhp and were pretty much identical apart from one had a shortened final drive and the other one didn't, both were well known cars, one was chips milano red one and my last was Pete's. Both were turned into dedicated track cars, as is the plan for my new 1. My last track car was a 170bhp series 1 Elise which was a fantastic car but in truth I missed my the high revving civics, so when I got offered a tidy sum for the Elise I decided to let it go and recently I've been keeping my eye out for another civic. This one is running 307bhp and it looks absolutely mint. There is a few bits which I'm not keen on. The wheels being one of them, so my fist purchase have been a set of standard was wrapped in toyo 888s ready for tracking. Next on my list will be some new pads for my stoptech bbk along with a self service Inc brake fluid and probably geo set up so I'm ready to go...Anyway I'm going to keep it short and sweet with a few pictures for now.. Thanks guys.
8d91881747fc68cea194f76065c46ac3.jpg
f8c7e483dad0c64975e5d75f28cccbeb.jpg
4dcfc562423cb2d14821001f88a38df8.jpg
ee9e20e2e8fbb7265e03d0516f7e17af.jpg
e5fe1116f726e84becfc9c746158eadc.jpg
69a111e73638c7e0e8a5a07d32eb4e18.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

5th EP3, you must really love them! Looks like you've found a good'n there mate, other than the wheels it looks awesome.

5th EP3, you must really love them! Looks like you've found a good'n there mate, other than the wheels it looks awesome.
Well I'm close to 40 so have a few more years on most here I would guess. Its my 5th ep3 and will be the 4th I've tracked. They make perfect track cars and show a lot of more expensive higher power cars up. Especially with a few mods and a good geo set up

Well I'm close to 40 so have a few more years on most here I would guess. Its my 5th ep3 and will be the 4th I've tracked. They make perfect track cars and show a lot of more expensive higher power cars up. Especially with a few mods and a good geo set up

Yeah I love going on the track in mine! Out of the box they're pretty decent I think but so much better with a few mods to help it along.

Glad the wheels aren't staying, think they'd be too big for purpose anyway.

Same car 5 times?!? Hell yeah...i use to drive my car in trackdays and it s a pleasure with only 238hp. I assume that your car will be a weapon!

I havnt really drove it in anger yet.. Yes it has a quaife lsd. However still hops around a bit if you plant your foot. In on the reserve list at croft for 7th.. So see how it goes. Then I will be changing its coilovers. Fitting rack riser and baffled sump and new geo set up..it's definitely a jump speed wise from my last one which had smaller final drive lsd drop in cams etc. And that was very good on track.

I have a shorter final drive, LSD and a long 6th on my road EP3 and found it pretty good on the track too!

The track EP3 we had thought about supercharging and doing the shorter final drive and LSD but I'm worried the shorter final drive would make it too easy to loose traction out of the corners.

I was about 1-2 seconds slower than a charged DC5 with similar mods at Rockingham.

Back