• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My '96 JDM ITR DC2

Hi guys, joined this site some time ago but never really got round to putting any pics or really using the site, so figured now was a good time to start!

My car is a '96 JDM Honda Integra Type-R. Owned it about a year now. Not really done a lot to it but i absolutely love the car as it is.

Mods done as follows:

• HKS Hi-Power exhaust with de-cat
  • ITG carbon intake fitted to arc chamber
  • 16" Gunmetal Buddyclub P1's with Hankook R-S2's
  • 282mm Front brake upgrade with groved discs and DS2500 pads
  • OMP rear strut brace
  • C-Pillar Brace
  • H-Brace
  • OMEX sequential shift light
  • Sabelt 3-point harnesses
  • MC Stopper
  • Avid Race Billet Torque Mounts
  • Token bits of engine bling
  • Token bits of JDM-ness inside
Not on my main PC at the moment so only got a couple of pics but you get the idea!

When I first bought it:
IMG_0847_small.jpg

IMG_0845_small.jpg

IMG_0998_small.jpg

Now:
IMG_0370.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Image015.jpg

Comments welcome!

sweet! i do love a clean dc2! whats the main difference between a 96 and a 98? i can see wheel differences but what else is there?

sweet! i do love a clean dc2! whats the main difference between a 96 and a 98? i can see wheel differences but what else is there?
Thanks!

Yeah, wheels are different and the back bumper is also different - '98 bumper comes down a little lower than mine like this:
003bvf.jpg

There are a few other bits like gear ratios and i believe all '98 ITR's have air bags and ABS as standard (though i could be wrong there!).

not major differences then ;)

I'd say a couple worth thinking about..

The 98 Spec R had a stainless header
The Final drive was 4.785 as to the 96's 4.4
The ports were buffed/polished by a precise machine
It had bigger rotors
plus the bigger rims
Rear lip on bumper

I'm a fan of any JDM ITR, but when they done the 98Spec R, it was made slightly better ;)

any pics of the interior?:)

any more plans?

No interior pics yet - will get some soon though (when i've cleaned it better!) ;)

Plans now are really just to enjoy driving it - i've added my own touches here & there & now i'd rather spend my money learning how she handles, and some track time of course. Also have a few bushes to change & generally keeping her on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say a couple worth thinking about..

The 98 Spec R had a stainless header
The Final drive was 4.785 as to the 96's 4.4
The ports were buffed/polished by a precise machine
It had bigger rotors
plus the bigger rims
Rear lip on bumper

I'm a fan of any JDM ITR, but when they done the 98Spec R, it was made slightly better ;)

Well in the scheme of things i wouldn't say they're major differences, and there are many people who still argue that the '96 is the better. Personally i prefer the rawness of the '96 but each to their own i guess - thats what makes us all different ;)

Though you have mentioned brakes which i must admit were the best upgrade i've done to the car! Can't believe how bad they are on the '96!!!!

Back