• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Black DC5

I don't gettings this Tony.

I've had this from both EP3 and DC5. It's to do with the tripple sync mechanism between 1st and 2nd for high rev shifts. A common complaint. Nothing to worry about, but just feels horrible.

Only does it on mine with 1st to 2nd changes at high RPM, which I barely do, so it can wait as far as I'm concerned.

Crunching at high rpm, if the clutch is still the original one then this could be the culprit, mine did it from 3rd to 4th and a new clutch rectified that.

It seems to be that high RPM crunching tends to be solved by clutch replacement while low RPM crunching is the synchros.

Of course that's not in every case...!

It seems to be that high RPM crunching tends to be solved by clutch replacement while low RPM crunching is the synchros.

Qft, I had to get a new third gear synchro as it had worn so much. Cost me around £1k including the clutch.. In fact you were there when I picked it up from alan day, chris.

Qft, I had to get a new third gear synchro as it had worn so much. Cost me around £1k including the clutch.. In fact you were there when I picked it up from alan day, chris.

My 3rd is getting rectified on warranty from Honda on my FN2. Synchro (so replacing the 3rd cog completely) and linkages I believe.

In my experience it feels like it drags when you put it in gear, like you haven't put the clutch in enough. Occasionally it doesn't go in at all as it stiffens up, then occasionally it feels like it's gone in then pops into neutral.

Strangely enough when I'm giving it the berries it seems to handle that OK...

Just my experience.

Crunching at high rpm, if the clutch is still the original one then this could be the culprit, mine did it from 3rd to 4th and a new clutch rectified that.

Cheers Stu, I didn't know that, I thought only replacing the synchro solved it. Looks like I'll get booked in for a new clutch in a couple of months time as I'd have to save a little more for it. How much do TGM do them for fitted?

Yes, I remember, A34 blast lolz. Warranty fail wasn't it?

Cheers Stu, I didn't know that, I thought only replacing the synchro solved it. Looks like I'll get booked in for a new clutch in a couple of months time as I'd have to save a little more for it. How much do TGM do them for fitted?

Yes, I remember, A34 blast lolz. Warranty fail wasn't it?

Yeah warranty fail :(

TGM is circa £500 all in IIRC

Back