• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Cosmic EP3

+1, the clutch may be slipping slightly but don't rush out to get it fixed until the slipping becomes a problem.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Get you clutch done when its bordering on undriveable.

That's the thing, I have no problem driving it as it is, I don't floor it at low revs in 5th or 6th anyway as I know what it's going to do, it doesn't do it in 2nd 3rd or 4th though. Anyway springs are on and I'm happy as it is, I'll just need to be aware how low it is when going over speed bumps etc. If the clutch needs doing then it can wait until I put and LSD in it :p

Cheers Sikboy :D

A clutch will usually slip at peak torque. You can drive around it. As said above don't fix it until its undrivable.

When a clutch slips its like having it in neutral. The revs will rise but nothing, then all of a sudden it will bite and carry on. When it goes 3rd/4th gear will be the worst for slip.

Get some pics up tomorrow mate ;)

Pics of it lowered on ABP Eibachs :D

loweredEP.jpg
[/IMG]

loweredEP8.jpg
[/IMG]

loweredEP7.jpg
[/IMG]

loweredEP6.jpg
[/IMG]

loweredEP5.jpg
[/IMG]

loweredEP4.jpg
[/IMG]

loweredEP3.jpg
[/IMG]

loweredEp2.jpg
[/IMG]

Wit woo!!!! Looks very nice mate. Sits in the arches nicely.

Looks great matey, nice to see it coming along well! :)

Cheers boyos. Didn't have time to give it a clean though just took it along the promenade on the way home from work. The novelty of keeping it mega clean had well worn off :lol: Hopefully wheels and Brembos should finish it off nicely although I'm stil deliberating over the colour of the calipers & also whether to strip the wheels and paint a different colour ???

this^ :lol:

Not as yet Andy, begrudge paying someone to fit it as it's a simple job. So need to find someone with a ramp so I can fit it :(

Anyone with one in the Merseyside area who can offer me the use of their ramp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you just have the springs fitted or a full FRSU?

How does it drive in comparison? Would you recommend it?

Because it's been like months... sort it out! LOL.

& the Exhuast :lol:

I know, I know. £400 odd on servicing, then the FRSU and the fact I need a new clutch is stopping progress a bit atm.

Once the wheels are done, a new clutch is going in and the Fujitsubo is going on, at the point now though where I'm struggling as to what I want to do. Should I make the effort to put on the Brembos I've nearly finished refurbing? Meaning more cash on S2k discs and spacers, then probably a geo reallignment, or should I fit the HEL lines, enjoy the improvement over stock and save the money to put towards a mani and K100 with mapping?

The thing is at present is the that I don't mind buying the mods (I nearly always buy second hand anyway so you lose less value), but the money involved in fitting parts, you never get it back. I fitted my GM, piece of p!ss if I'm honest (how to guides FTW) but other jobs such as exhaust, springs & FRSU etc is just dead money, especially when you factor in the price of stripping it when you come to sell. I don't know, maybe I've just got the bug, but don't want to spend the dosh? Which thinking about it just isn't the way to go?

Springs and an exhaust is easy. You could fit an exhaust using axle-stands, seriously... if you're determined enough and don't mind faffing about with possible seized bolts it's pretty straight forward - I'll admit it would be tight, but it's by no means impossible. Springs won't be too much harder - the alignment would cost money to get it done properly, but a geo will cost you nothing more than £60.

What I also meant to mention was that, although I'm being a bit of a minge/tightwad/penny pincher, I also wouldn't mind learning a bit more about my car. Small details admittedly with exhaust etc, but we all have to start somewhere. Maybe axle stands might be a good idea ;)

Back