• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Cosmic Grey Ep3

Very much standard, has some cheap looking induction kit and some trendily kerbed standard alloys. I'm looking to start modifying but will be keeping all the OEM parts for when it comes to selling down the line.

i'm looking to get the FRSU done, considering whether it's a bad idea to try get used parts rather than new to save some bob. Also, I hear some people get FRSU done with OEM springs. Would this really have much of an impact, as i'm not too happy with the handling thus far, though that's potentially a subconscious result of driving a track day car at nurburgring last year just as I bought this and poor choice of tyres/slightly off tacking.

Also looking to get a second set of bronze alloys as I think these look great with cosmic grey. I would either buy standard alloys and spray them, or buy some if I can find a nice set anyone is selling.

Following that, i'm planning on getting an exhaust with a bit of a nicer, louder sound to it, and possibly do some interior styling, however, not planning on going much more extreme than this so it will be easy to reverse back to original down the line.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 22
Get Evo 9 Enkeis some on ebay are already bronze, fit straight onto a ep3 along with the tyres and wont cost much at all! (little bit of stretch)

yes they do look well with enkeis.
I did have a set,then sold them.
then bought a ep3 :(
best color in cosmic :lol:

Nothing wrong with used parts for a FRSU.

...and yes, a good FRSU makes a HUGE difference to the handling even when on OEM springs.

Hmm yeah, those are a little toooo rough... Would these fit and look alright?
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=141173255259
I like the standard ep3 alloys, may just get some and paint them bronze, just never tried spraying alloys before <.<

prefer more multi-spoked alloys really.. *contemplates*

ah righty, well, I may get the camber arms and bolts and get an FRSU on standard springs for now.

Yeah they would fit! Never seen them on a ep3 could look quite good especially in that colour! You can get mobile repair companies to spray your wheels not the best job but incredibly cheap! Your currently tyres should fit as well I think it would be 0.5j stretch which would look good! Personally I would wait for the springs/coilovers before frsu! It transforms the car!!

Would need to do away with the subaru centre caps though! May try some low-tech photoshopping (MSpaint) to see what it may look like on my car :p

Perhaps. I'm just conscious that I may want to sell the car in a year or two and would like any mods to be easy to reverse and to be able to recoup by selling parts 2nd hand. I'll probably just start gathering used parts for the FRSUas and when they come up, or just get 15mm springs and try do without needing rear camber arms for the FRSU, as i've read about another guy doing this. My mind is very much up in the air.

Any other good sites for scoping out used bits and pieces than here?

Back