• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Cosmic Premier EP3

Around 48 hours Evo_works. I cant touch it till Friday anyway, as Im working pretty long hours the next 4 days.

ECU's gone off today, that should be back Thursday, I've paid my mechanic to do my exhaust and Brakes this week, so the whole project "Should be finished" by the weekend.

Added it all up today, including all labour and postage, I've spent just shy of £1400 this month. In all fairness, I should have a car that handles better, stops better and is faster, so money well spent IMO.

Then IF I get my end of year Bonus in April (looking good so far) Ill get the front end resprayed and the 1 wheel refurbed and it will be done :)

£365 and about £20 in Postage to CPL and then back to me.

I'm not too fussed about the power output, I've never had a dyno Run so dont know the before, so getting an after result is kinda pointless. Rollers all read different anyway. My pals said I can put it on the one he uses, but he warned me it reads low, and said it might put me off, his car ranges from 400bhp-440bhp depending on whose rollers are used! At best I believe you can gain upto 20bhp peak, but the main gains are going to be in the midrange, also The Reflash will increase the rev limit to 8600 rpm and decrease the Vtec point to 5200 rpm which will make it more driveable IMO

The proof will be in the pudding, ie how it drives.

Obviously I would have achieved more with a K100 and Mapping, but that was an extra £310 + a day off work + £100 fuel, with my basic mods, Im not sure it was worth it.

Right as you know I sent my ECU to CPL on Monday at 11am.

I got an e-mail off Lynn yesterday evening with the Tracking Number for my reflashed ECU. I kept tracking it, and it was going to arrive before 1pm today. Now I started work @ 1pm, and wanted to take the car, and it needed fuel, so time was against me.

I decided to take the forum stickers off, they were a bit big and will be replaced with smaller ones:

8ED2B790-22FF-4FB7-AB72-064D061E3C71-1302-000001595A77C27D_zpsa234aa50.jpg

I put the R on the daily, as a joke, its off now ;)

810537E5-46BC-4C25-BDB2-C54CDDE629FF-1302-0000015955C67510_zps6eee8539.jpg

I then needed to finish wiring the starter button, or at least connect the stock ignition wire back. I took a trip to a local electronics place to pick up some connecters and put the cowling back on.

Then at 12:05 this little beauty turned up :)

59244F8B-10E8-4FE8-89AF-0F9CE83FEF9A-1302-0000015950CE03B0_zpscd3e8103.jpg

I cant open it to show you as it will Void the warranty, the only difference on the outside is my name is on written on in Pen lol. Out of curiosity (and to stop some bitchin' on some forums), I emailed Lynn to ask what ahs been done. She confirmed that inside the ECU there is a K100 Board, just with a generic map on. IF I went all out with further modifications, they could remap this, without the need to buy a K100 or Kpro. Just pay for the tuning, amazing deal IMO, I've basically paid £40 for a generic map, with the option to get a full map and expand in the future!

I quickly fitted it, took all of 10 minutes and then wired up the negative. I turned to stage 2 ignition and pressed the button and it started first time :) Was more surprised the button I wired up worked TBH ;) I let it idle for a bit whilst I reprogrammed the radio stations, then drove to the local Shell Garage to fill it up with V Power. It immediately felt "punchier" even before V-Tec. I let it warm up and went the long way to work to give it a test.

I must admit I wasn't sure what to expect. All I have right now is an air filter, the exhaust isnt fitted, so this is pretty much a standard Type R, running a generic "budget" map, really its nothing special. Once warmed up, I took it down the dual carriageway to see how it went. It is certainly MUCH faster than before. I have no dyno figures or anything to back this up, but there is a definate increase in Power THROUGHOUT the rev range. It even picks up @ low RPM in 6th gear. The one thing I will say is the Stock Type R to me was a very jekyl and hyde car. Pre 5800rpm, it wasn't very fast at all, even for a 2.0. When you went into V-tec you felt a kick and away it went. The V-tec engagement point is now 5200rpm. However, I believe in the standard Type R, the ECU cuts the power slightly before changing cam and you "feel" a quite abrupt kick. This "kick" has gone, it just goes. You have to be checking the Speedo/Rev limiter to see where it changes, and when you concerntrate you can feel it, but its not as abrupt as before. The speedo however confirms that you're going much faster than before. The change from Low - High cam is absolutely seemless in comparison to stock.

Another benefit is the increased rev limiter, same as the JDM's, the limit is now 8600, as opposed 8200? on a stock UKDM car? This has 2 advantages, you're in the "window of opportunity" for longer. Also, when you change up, if you change up too early, you can sometimes "drop off" V-Tec, but because of the lower engagement point, you kinda always drop into V-Tec.

As I say, I cannot back this up with a graph, but honestly, it is easily the best mod you can do, regardless of your state of tune. Im running basic mods, with a budget reflash and its TRANSFORMED my car. TDI North said a mapped car is a night and day difference to a reflashed one, if thats the case, they just be amazing!

Pleased as punch, best £380 I've ever spent. And my starter button works :D

Interesting. Thing is with not having the car long and doing a few things too it, chances are I will want to go down the manifold decat route

Well the K100 + live mapping with a manifold will give amazing gains, far more than I have so Id definately do it :D

Right, had a bit of a mare. Couldnt seem to get the correct sized gasket to join the cat/b pipe. A phone call to Cobra secured one, but I told them it was needed within 24 hours as it was booked in today for the fitting. Fair play to them, 20 hours later it came free of charge, so hats off to Cobra.

Didnt take long to fit, the fitter did say It was a bit of a poor fit, he had to dremel the holes a touch bigger. It also sits quite low but then its a larger diameter B Pipe, and it dont sit lower than my rear lower toe bar. Its also right up against the rear bumper, but it does sit quite nicely. There's no knocks or bangs, so its fine. Id prefer it to have been a slash cut, and Its not as attractive as the stock twin pipes IMO, but thats personal choice, anyway, the important part..

My Type R has a Tegiwa M Filter and a Reflash CPL K100. The car feels alot free-er in the midrange, and it genuinely feels like its added performance, wether thats placebo I dont know, I do not have a rolling road readout to back it up, but IMO it has freed the mid range up.

Now Im 25, im getting old, I didnt want it too loud, and Im happy to report, on idle, and for "normal" driving its not much louder than standard, I cant really hear it over my music with the windows up, I can "feel" it though :)

However, on VTec, it sounds unreal! i did a quick drive by at highish revs, came back into the garage and a fair few complimented the sound, saying it sounded purposeful and powerful as opposed to chavvy, which was the noise and comments I was after :) I let my pal take it out and I had a listen, well impressed, sounds like a touring car, might change my name to Matt Neal.....

He had driven it pre remap, his daily is a Mk 2 430bhp RS, And he said he ws genuinely impressed with the effects of the K100 and the Exhust, said it was "noticebly lots faster". He then proceeded to diss my brakes, which I agree with, so 5.1 Fluid and Braided lines are going in tomorrow! Saying that he is used to his 360mm Alcon 6 pots...

Well happy, as I say the fit isnt perfect (my fitter commented that Milteks he normally fits fit alot better. But its on, it sounds unreal IMO, and theres no knocks/bangs. Only tests left to do are the speed bump test and the long term test.

On the whole, id recomend it, ill get some pics and videos asap!

Better Pic of the Exhaust

dca4007a88c911e2a94522000a1fbc56_7.jpg

Also put the ECU Sticker on the back, I like it lol

hondata_zpsa30f9db8.jpg

Plans this week:

Fit Stainless Braided Brake Hoses and Change the Fluid to 5.1

I've also ordered a Mugen Oil Cap (Dont ask, JDM Tax :() Might order Red Lower Control Arms, Because Bling!

Gonna get some hate for this, but I like my Music. Ive got a sub, but its not the best, so I popped into Halfords and found this:

So I bought it..... Im installing it with a Vibe Fast Plug:

vibe-fast-plug-quick-release-amplifier-sub-box-connector-free-delivery-6691-p.jpg

So I can simply unplug and take it out if I dont want to lug the weight around, or need to do the shopping, good Compromise IMO!

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH, I didnt have the P Zeros from new, I had them all over the dry summer, and Ive had the Toyos on for around 1000miles in Snow/Rain/Ice, as Ive rarely used the Civic this year! Ive also had all the Camber Arms fitted, JDM Anti Roll Bar and a FRSU, which has obviously benefitted. ITs un fair for me to give an opinion at the moment, but Im impressed with the Toyos for £300x4!

love the car, ive just orderd a new style key myself the old one is a joke!! going to get similar stuff to for type r eventually just a smaller exhaust ***.your a brave man taking the door cards off and doing the work yourself ? being a plasterer i wouldn't no where to start! nice job doing the car up *** looks mint.

Looks good, just read all of your post some nice mods. You were right about the exhaust you don't want nothing too chavey but you have got along way to go Before you can call yourself old. Imagine how I feel at 36. Was thinking of getting a rs focus after my time is done with my cosmic civic but it looks a big bus compared to the civic. I'm hearing what your saying about the m3 had m3s myself not a a v8 though but you know what you say about meeting you heroes, I'm on my second ep3 after about 5 years since I sold my last one came back to one after becoming totally unexited about anything new coming through with the exception of the focus but I will sit on my hands for now I don't want to lose money faster than I can earn it

Great build mate, enjoyed reading through this. Just noticed it as your thread came up whilst doing some research about frsu's. Nice one.

love the car, ive just orderd a new style key myself the old one is a joke!! going to get similar stuff to for type r eventually just a smaller exhaust ***.your a brave man taking the door cards off and doing the work yourself ? being a plasterer i wouldn't no where to start! nice job doing the car up *** looks mint.

I've been messing with Car Audio since I was about 16, piece of **** mate :)

I took the Sub Back, was alot of money to "waste" TBH.

So a bit of an update. Not really much to post, I've just been getting it dirty :p

First things first, business end. MOT and Tax. 6 Months tax for £141.50 and then booked it in for the MOT.......

Thankfully:

311f3408962611e299e522000a9e28c4_7.jpg

Not even an advisory :) I motted it well early, so technically its got nearly 13 months MOT on it now.

I just gave it a quick clean today:

fc7fe4e49ea511e2bdc622000a1fb844_7.jpg

44e1bcc69ea611e2a2ab22000a1fb84b_7.jpg

Freshened up the bay with a Mugen Oil cap (which I cant lime up :() and a Hondata sticker :)

94cc18809ea611e2808622000a1f9aaf_7.jpg

bf5011749ea611e2908222000a9f146a_7.jpg

End of May, its going in for a full front end respray, so there wont be a single stone chip, and Im also having the front wheel refurbished as its not as bright as the back. I honestly think then I couldnt be happier with it.....But Im still looking at moving on before I sink more cash into it :( Looking at late 300bhp+ Focus ST's or BMW 335i Saloons?

Failing that, I may add 1 or 2 more things:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330810653389?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAPSPEED-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25718e194a

And then get my K100 Mapped accordingly for the De Cat. Would hope to see 230-40bhp then, Possibly even add a RBC Inlet and adapter?

Back