• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My CTR Apres Meg's Treatment

Started the cleaning process off yesterday.

Cleaned the wheels with Wonder Wheels, and removed any tar spots with AutoGlym Tar Remover. Washed the car with AutoGlym Bodywork Shampoo, and then dried the bodywork using a combination of a silicone blade and a Meg's Water Magnet Towell. Then it was tucked away in the garage under a car cover ready for the paintwork clean the next day.

Today I did the body paintwork. I used the following products;

- Meg's Clay Bar & Detailer

- Meg's Deep Crystal Polish

- Meg's No.26 Hi Tech Yellow Paste Wax

- Applicator sponges and various micro fibre cloths.

I did it panel by panel, going through all 3 steps before moving onto the next part, to reduce the chance of dust settling.

I had forgotten just how good the results are from a good 'spring' clean. Paintwork is has a deep rich look to it, and is silky smooth as you would expect.

I finished it off by giving the tyres a clean with the Meg's Tyre Gel. The interior, glass and engine bay had all been cleaned the previous week.

I'm just waiting for my Meg's No.26 wax to run out now so I can try some P21S Wax :D

Here are the photos - Unfortunately the sun is not out today where I am - So you cant get a good impression of just how clean the paintwork is!

Big Photo!

P4150009.jpg

P4150003.jpg

P4150007.jpg

P4150010.jpg

P4150013.jpg

P4150015.jpg

Took the pics on my top garden, as its been ruined by Badgers, so a few tyre tracks wont hurt ! :lol:

Great effort my friend 8)

Next on my car cleaning shoplist apart from silly bits is PoorBoys Natty's Blue Paste Wax.....apparently superb results for the wet look :wink:

Neily03 said:
CTR_Paul said:
Big photo looks great !

NHB looks by far the best colour when it's clean 8)

When dirty silver is the best though. :wink: 8)

Nah, I reckon Cosmic is better. My old car was metallic grey, hid dirt really well (I didn't wash it for about 9 months once, including when the gearbox went, spraying oil all over the boot and rear bumper), but equally it never looked clean, even after polishing it. Thus I'd vote Cosmic the colour for people who can't be arsed to clean their cars.

Back