• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MY CTR EP3 progress thread

Hello all again . I have been following the forum daily and what a great forum this is . My CTR EP3 is a 2006 Premier edition Nighthawk black which has a long background story posted in the newbie section. The car has covered 50k miles. However initially I intended to keep the car OEM I found myself making plans fairly quickly . It's like turning back time and been 20 again so I decided to invest in the car. The forum has been very helpful in my market research and has guided me towards right choices and professionals that undertake their work seriously . First off I started with a major service remap intake and catback but as of today this is the current state of the car and its timeline . All comments and suggestions most welcome :)

Engine :

Hondata K100 mapped by Romain remapped by TDI North
TDI North Cams
Skunk 2 pro series black intake manifold
Skunk 2 70mm TB
Tegiwa Intake and silicone Hose
Powerflex Engine mounts
Fuchs Titan 05w-40 oil

Exhaust :

DC sports manifold de cat @ cat back

Drivetrain :

MFactory LSD
Torco oil
Exedy Stage 1 clutch

Brakes:

Hel Braided brake lines
New OEM pads all around
New OEM rear discs and reconditioned calipers

Suspension :

Racing Logic Hyperstreet Coilovers
Polybush full kit all around
JDM rear anti roll bar
Skunk 2 rear arms grey
Eibach camber bolts & camber arms
Moderate FRSU by Grinspeed --> massive thanks but that is another thread :)

Tires :

New Toyos T1Rs allaround

Ice :

Pioneer Appradio 3

Interior :

Skunk2 weighted gear knob

Future Plans :

Speakers and amp (no sub)
Mostly Cosmetic detailing , alloy refurb and paint black .

Current Dyno read 254 bhp

Here are some pictures I will post more as soon as I get her cleaned up and detailed

The car @ Eurospec Dyno

qa6yqyqy.jpg

Initially made 214 bhp Dyno read outs to be posted soon

Gearbox & LSD

ge8y8evu.jpg

Polybush Kit

avyqejem.jpg

Coil overs :

a3a8emus.jpg

dabuhuge.jpg

Engine Bay:

ezarutyt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I recognise that workshop bench. :lol:

Nice car bud. :smt023

Very nice car youve had some good stuff done how much you pay for your gear knob? Do you still have original type r gear knob?

Thank you , I got the knob from Tegiwa at the regular price and kept the original . This one has a weighty feel but it is a quality item for sure . I might revert to the original don't know yet..one of the reasons that I love the bread van is the shifter and the feel of the gear change

Thank you , I emphasized a bit on the handling before going full on power . I think that first and foremost the LSD is essential . I remember driving a EP3 years ago in Athens Greece before and after LSD , it totally transforms the car ! Coming from a RX8 RWD with factory LSD I was always a fan.

Still the facelift lift EP3 is naturally chuckable into corners with a little oversteer dialed if you let off the throttle

OK cam time in February . Currently the car made a healthy 241 bhp on the Dyno and I am thinking Skunk2 cams with titanium valve springs and retainers plus a fuel rail and throttle body. That will probably see the car hitting 260 . We will see

Thank you all , I intend to further modify the car. Currently I am really doing my homework on the best cam set up I can find in order to hit the 260 NA power with the engine still OEM reliable . My current pics are Skunk 2 stage 2 cams , Toda A3 or even Clockwise Motion with port matched TB , heavy duty chain/tensioner valve springs and retainers . We will see. After I installed the polybush kit the ride in not crashy at all Lewis on the contrary coupled with the new Racing Logic coilovers the ride quality is even better than OEM but with much better body roll. I will alternate some settings to see how the car responds ,updates and pics coming up soon.

Ty , stage2 cams really need researching and that's as far as I will push the car , it will stay naturally aspirated :)

Hey mate, nice list of mods so far.

if you are looking at cams the Tdi North drop in cams are worth a look and will save any upgrades on valve springs etc.

be good to see which route you decide to take :)

Thx Pete tbh I will really look into the TDI setup and will have a thorough read through to your thread . It seems a nice upgrade and I hear that they can be installed in situ rather than taking the engine out in order to dial the cams in. Also they do retain OEM reliability which is very important . However I still feel that you defo need an updated tensioner still. What milage have you done with the cams so far ?

Yeah definitely worth a look if your doing some homework on cam options.

I can't recommend them enough and the car hasn't missed a beat since they were installed.

Off the top of my head I think the engine has covered around 10k with the TDI North cams.

Thx Pete and Happy New Year , TDI cams are certainly a very good option I will contact them as my car was maped there . They are true drop in right?

Back