• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My CTR vs DC5 thread

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Well its' completely unfair since the Teg is heavily modified, suspension included.

I'll do it in a different way since my teg would eat my old Civic in all scenarios.

Things I miss from the CTR:

• I could use 95 RON in it.
  • The gearstick position.
  • The wife liked the mirrors in the sun visor.
  • Passengers in the back don't get as much head/leg room in the DC5 (as if I care :lol: .
  • The CTR had height adjustable seatbelts (the top mount).
  • Little cubby holes all around the cabin.

Now I'm really starting to struggle in all honesty. IMO the DC5 (mine, never driven a standard one so like I said, this is far from fair) is superior in every way I can think off. Cornering attitude, outright speed, looks, lights, seats, driving position and even fuel consumption unless I'm booting it.

MilanoChris said:
[*]The wife liked the mirrors in the sun visor.

I doubt this point really counts mate :wink: :lol:

But, as any Honda enthusiast will know, it's not hard to realsie that the Teg is the more focused, driver orientated car.

i bet the fact the dc5 has a limited slip diff and standard and the uk ep3 dont makes it that much better. other stuff maybe not as noticeble unless on track

Well I shall track it this year, hopefully the ring too then I'll get to know the car much better.

The steering feel is awsome though.

MilanoChris said:
Well I shall track it this year, hopefully the ring too then I'll get to know the car much better.

don't stack it this time.... :wink:

Here is my mini review on the two.

Plus points.

:arrow: The Teg feels more like a 'drivers' car. You are planted firmly in the recaros and you can feel the feedback from the wheels.

:arrow: LSD.. OMG how good are these! The CTR should have one fitted as a standard.

:arrow: Recaros, need i say more.

:arrow: Climate control 8)

:arrow: Rarity factor, I have yet to see another on the road at the same time as me 8)

:arrow: HID lights as standard, Far better visibility 8)

Ok now some of the things I wish the ITR had.

:arrow: Warranty. I like the thought of having warranty :lol:

:arrow: Room in the rear. There is not alot :lol:

:arrow: A lock on the glove box

:arrow: A little hidey hole like that near the CTR's hand brake.

Thats about it :D

That's it... make the CTR owning fraternity feel bad by diss'ing existing CTR owners... :wink: :lol:

Just kidding, got to love the DC5's. :smt023

Just how much do you notice the LSD?? Is it noticeable on a daily drive, or is it more for when you are pushing it hard?? In what situations do you notice the benefits of having the LSD?? 8)

Gunn79 said:
Just how much do you notice the LSD?? Is it noticeable on a daily drive, or is it more for when you are pushing it hard?? In what situations do you notice the benefits of having the LSD?? 8)

When hard driving i notice it.

Caining it off roundabouts for example :twisted:

Gunn79 said:

I don't really notice it during normal driving. It only comes in to play under hard acceleration as it isn't a 1.5 way diff.

It's best when you'r exiting a corner and you apply power. Normally the CTR would understeer - lots. But the Teg will just grip and slingshot you in whatever way your wheels are pointing.

As is said above - hold onto that wheel!

I wonder how the JDM CTR (or any CTR with LSD) and DC5 compare?

I do like the look of the DC5 though, shame they are so expensive to buy from new.

MilanoChris said:
Gunn79 said:

I don't really notice it during normal driving. It only comes in to play under hard acceleration as it isn't a 1.5 way diff.

It's best when you'r exiting a corner and you apply power. Normally the CTR would understeer - lots. But the Teg will just grip and slingshot you in whatever way your wheels are pointing.

As is said above - hold onto that wheel!

I can vouch for this - extemely impressive in the corners - way faster than I would dare.
:p :twisted:
What surprised me most about Chris' Teg is despite the fact that it is heavily modified just how composed the ride was - very useable on a day to day basis. :)

Just begs the question why Honda never brought over here officially :x

What's the difference in performance figures CTR versus the various incarnations of the Teg?? Anyone know?

Particularly
0-62
0-100
top speed

ctr / teg 0-60 times are all dependant on where they were made jdm/ukdm :p
ctr will prob 0-60 faster. but as said before a lsd teg kills corners !!!
my dc2 kills corners !!!
JDM of course

0-62 = Doesn't matter. Not an accurate measurement.
0-100 = DC5 will be slightly faster.
Top speed = Who cares? both 140+

Back