• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my dc2 blog

Well this weekend I got round to fitting my carbone lorrianne pads and some brembo discs
20120719_162402.jpg

Found they have a really good bite even though I've not done any hard braking yet as I had the kids in the car
20120720_073025.jpg

20120720_072952.jpg

Thought I'd give the front calipers a lick of paint as they'll be staying on a while now
20120723_072552.jpg

20120723_072544.jpg

Stunning

That teg looks stunning mate, i love the build and how your car now looks...

I have a 98 spec ukdm teg, just bought the japspeed 4-2-1 manifold off ebay, what else do i need to make it fit??

Apparantly i have been told i need a downpipe, however in your build you got a decat pipe and used the standard downpipe??

Im lost!

Any help will be much appreciated..

Thanks

The japspeed manifold has a 2.5" opening on the end so you will need a 2.5" decat pipe as the original system is 2.25 and won't fit together, you will also need a 2.5" exhaust ring to seal the manifold and decat plus it might be worth getting some new nuts, bolts and fastening springs as if there still original they will probably break when you try to undo them as they will be corroded.
You don't need a downpipe, the exhaust system is manifold, cat/decat then catback system.

exhaust

The japspeed manifold has a 2.5" opening on the end so you will need a 2.5" decat pipe as the original system is 2.25 and won't fit together, you will also need a 2.5" exhaust ring to seal the manifold and decat plus it might be worth getting some new nuts, bolts and fastening springs as if there still original they will probably break when you try to undo them as they will be corroded.
You don't need a downpipe, the exhaust system is manifold, cat/decat then catback system.

Lifesaver...

Im looking around for an exhaust ring and nuts/bolts now, any recommendations on where to buy them from?

ive just bought an adjustable de-cat like the one you have, i know it will be much louder but I just have to see wheather its bearable or not!

went abit mad on ebay, so also bought an Exedy stage 1 clutch, AEM cold air feed, lamin - x yellow film, H1 HID kit and a black spolier extension :eek: no wonder my i didnt have an ebay account for so long...

Really appreciate the advice bud, would love to go to a honda meet but have no idea when/ where they are, only really go down to Ace Cafe in Wembley...

i reconise your car from the other week at fueled society, i shut your bonnet because the wind blew it back onto the screen, i was parked oposite with the lime green jessops van, i couldnt see any damage,went with a bang too, but like i said i couldnt see any damage, very cleen looking car mate, like it!

i reconise your car from the other week at fueled society, i shut your bonnet because the wind blew it back onto the screen, i was parked oposite with the lime green jessops van, i couldnt see any damage,went with a bang too, but like i said i couldnt see any damage, very cleen looking car mate, like it!

Cheers mate, wondered how come it was shut and the catches were fastened. Yeah I saw your car there, you were also at the xscape meet in march if I remember rightly.
Organising one for 23rd September if your free. Will start a thread for it

got back from nurburgring and was very happy with the car, had a issue with manifold catching on karrusell so had to raise my coilovers but apart from that car handled great.
here's some pics
20120901_163359.jpg

20120901_163411.jpg

20120901_201008.jpg

DSCF2536.jpg

DSCF2540.jpg

DSCF2545.jpg

DSCF2751.jpg

DSCF2836.jpg

DSCF2817.jpg

IMG_20120905_214038.jpg

page_129966-24147994a23e553dd8db2c29bb7cc6f0.jpg

car5.jpg

last pic also has forum name in back ground ;-)

roughly about the same really, if there wasn't a section coned off for barrier repairs and we got a clean lap with no traffic then I guess we would of found out

no just sacked them off for now and bought carbone Lorraine pads, gonna get some atr discs then get some custom brackets made to fit them

Well when I was at the ring the other week the first lap out the karrusel decided it wanted to eat my manifold, next day raised the coilovers up to stop it catching, so yesterday decided to put my 96 spec manifold back on as it has better clearance and lower it again. Really need to get a 4-2-1 manifold at some point as they offer same clearance as a 96 spec.
Here the damage the ring did
20120915_095748.jpg

20120915_095737.jpg

20120915_141502.jpg

20120915_141522.jpg

Back