• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My dc5 366hp turbo+nos

Hi im new to the site, so thought id post my car up.:cool:

2004 prefacelift c/w dc5 with a few wee extras! :p

When i bought the car it had a few mods and to be fair was very sharp wee motor, aem v2, obx manifold, j's 60rs and a mugen ecu making a reasonable 228hp yet still was quicker than a friends 250hp jdm ep3 ?

After reading up on mods whats best for it etc i decided to change a few things around, i bought a gruppe m, rbc with hondata shield, dc sports manifold. Made a 14.0s dead on the quarter mile with budget tyres on. Was quite happy considering the mugen brain dosent get much praise and also the tyres i used. A kpro then popped up for sale so i bought it and took the car for a trip to paul at tdi north for a remap. With the mugen brain still in, it was dyno'd at 243hp, paul said that was the highest hp type r theyve seen with that brain in as thry usually tend to make 235-237hp. After the remap it came out at 250hp on 97ron and was achieveing 350+miles to a tank of fuel thanks to the great map tdi north done. After wanting more power i went for some sneeky nos ;) and took it back to the quarter mile, same crappy tyres but a decent day and ran a 13.2 on stock clutch also might i add.

Next on the cards was a toda manifold, got that on and back on the dyno just to see if made any difference over the dc sports. It pulled 259.5hp without being mapped for the toda and 316hp with nos. Was very happy!

Reading views on jrsc and turbo kits i thought this will be my next move. A cpl (rev hard) turbo kitted popped up so i bought it. Got elite motor performance to install it along with a boost controller then flew paul west and lou connor to northern ireland to remap it and set it up. At that stage i orginised a dc5 hondata group remap to make it worthwhile to paul for coming over. Everyone was well chuffed and very pleased. Im still getting 400miles to a tank when im not putting the foot down lol

The car is dry stored and would come out at the weekend, very well maintained and looked after but its still an ongoing project.

I have two printouts for this car due to two different rolling roads so take your pick lol at 9psi on 97ron fuel it made...

317hp 217ftlb - nos 366hp 256ftlb (ecc lisburn)
327hp 227ftb - nos 356hp 280ftlb (a.i autosport antrim)

Spec ATM...

Custom cam cover
Custom spark plug cover
Samco hoses
Rev hard cpl turbo kit
Turbo nectics turbo
Custom hard pipe kit
Cast turbo manifold,
Heat wrapping
Rbc with hondata heat shield
Turbo intake with cone filter
Buddyclub condensor
Toda exhaust
Tenzo r springs
Wizards of nos (50 shot)
Stock clutch as it refuses to die
Defi gauges
Apexi unit
Buddyclub short shift
Rota torques bronze
Skunk2 gear knob
Double jvc din radio
Federo break pads
Pro s 5-40w oil
Upgraded break oil
Walbro fuel pump
Hks ssqv
Tial 38mm
Screamer pipe

On the way...

Maybe new cam cover
Anodised wheel nuts red,
Racing break pads
Break stopper
Gearbox and clutch bush kit
Anodised nuts washers for some bling
Battery tie bar

Future plans...

Handling mods etc

Hope this add made sense as i done it with my iphone lol car is getting a mag feature. I like to keep this car looking as oem as possible for the sleeper approach lol when turbo was i stalled i wanted to keep the bumper from being cut and only way to do that is to remove the aircon rad and pipe. Hides the fmic very nicely now ;)

Hope you enjoyed looking, heres some pics before the turbo :smt047

188897320a12334285059l.jpg

100_0025.jpg

100_0028.jpg

100_0037.jpg

100_0056.jpg

100_0027.jpg

100_0039.jpg

100_0034.jpg

100_0040.jpg

100_0054.jpg

100_0044.jpg

188897320a12334295662l.jpg

188897320a12334299676l.jpg

100_0064.jpg

100_0063.jpg

100_0062.jpg

DC53.jpg

dc5.jpg

And with the turbo :smt047

1ce02c28.jpg

228c2226.jpg

b7b70a96.jpg

b61b24f4.jpg

dc5fmic2.jpg

engb2.jpg

engb.jpg

39b34306.jpg

64c22071.jpg

bd5f44f4.jpg

698287b0.jpg

fff8f89d.jpg

42fd8e2e.jpg

Thanks for looking c&c welcome./

Cool man, big motor there.

I'd have prefered the OEM wheels as it looks stock but with an extra 100bhp.

i like that. how is it with v-tec. i understand that you get kick from turbo at some rpm and what happens when v-tec kicks in? is it like hell on earth?

Cheers lads. My oem wheels got a bad touch over that snowy spell and the torques popped up locally cheap and refurbed. They are a wee bit darker than bronze during the day but look awsome at night time. Forgot to add i have a spoon torque damper and a gizmo boost controller hiding in my glove box ;)

Full boost comes in about 4500-800rpm them vtec at 6000rpm, you cant hear it over the screamer pipe to be honest but outside the car you can hear vtec coming in, well the only time i heard it was when it was on the rolling road. Drivability wise, in the dry its awsome, in the wet is another story. If i was doing 60mph in the wet and dropped till fourth it would be spinning the wheels right till 100mph. In the dry with nos going, literally cant change gears fast enough up till 5th and the screamer is going nuts. I dont how boys drive 450-500+hp type r's to be honest.

Im running a hondata kpro mapped by paul west at tdi north. Was in talks with him about maybe doing a boost by gear and turning the boost up abit as theyve been running 400hp ctr's in stock internals and all has been fine so far but im abit unsure about anymore power lol

My mate had boost by gear in his 460whp S2000, makes sense IMO.

MASE mapped it.

Yea i dont really like the boost controller, the graph 366hp one, see where it dips abit in the middle, the boost controller trying to stabilize the boost and i dont like that! I dont drive it fast to be honest as my woman hates the speed of it, just odd time like to give it a blow out lol

Apparently mase is the man for a kpro but very hard to get a hold of. Paul west done a good job for me and was very helpfull aswell, would recommend paul to anyone. Thats s2000 sounds crazy!!

Back