• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC5 - Some of the aftermarket parts (pics)

This may be of interest to some, copy and pasted from my post on the DC5 forum.

As the weather is soo bad today, I thought I would get a few pics of some of the aftermarket parts fitted to the car when I got it, see if some of you can identify them, and also offer some advice.

First up the brakes. The pads seem to be aftermarket, and are blue(ish) in colour, my initial thoughts are possibly Project Mu?? they make quite a bit of noise, and squeal a bit.

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01772.jpg

Whilst on the brakes, a quick before and after of my Brembos where I cleaned them up. I need to get the lacquer kit to do them properly, just cleaned and waxed today.

Before;

DSC01747.jpg

After;

DSC01749.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

The car has coilovers fitted (sits pretty low on current set up). They are Bilsteins, but can anyone tell me the model??

Front;

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01779.jpg

Rear;

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

They are obviously height adjustable, but can anyone tell if they are damping adjustable as well?? The strut tops have allen key holes. Also any opinions on these coilovers?? They ride very well, firm but do not crash or bump, even on bad surfaces and pot holes.

The car came with 225 front tyres, and 215 rear tyres. In the excitement of buying, I didnt think too much of it, just presumed a wider tyre was used on the front for grip. When I was removing them, I realised quickly that the wheels are different widths front and back. Wheels are genuine Work Emotions;

Front;

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

Rear;

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01765.jpg

DSC01774.jpg

So the front wheels are 1" wider than the rear (presumably for grip??) Has anyone else have similar, or come across this before?? My concern is that when I buy tyres I will need to get 2 different sizes. Or is it possible to stretch a 215 onto an 8" wheel safely?? Also I wont be able to rotate front to back.

Front tyres have a lot of inside edge wear from the camber, rears are not so bad. Something I am gonna have to sort in the near future.

These are the wheel nuts (very lightweight);

DSC01762.jpg

Onto the engine bay - Aftermarket strut brace by the same manufacturer as the wheel nuts;

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01780.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

Car also feels like it has uprated engine mounts, lots of cabin vibrations, and great feel on the accelerator on/off. I could only get a pic of the one mount - Does it look like an OEM one, or uprated. its definitely rubber and not poly;

DSC01783.jpg

Still not sure on what LSD it has, awaiting more info from Japan. Think its gonna be a 1.5 way, as you can feel it kick in when coming off the accelerator hard, also is gonna take a while to get used to as its very aggressive (at least compared to my old DC2). Also makes a fair bit of noise at very low speeds, little bit 'clunky'.

Any thoughts and help on the above will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 8)

That strut brace looks really good (Not looks wise, i mean performance wise). Like the way it bolts to the rear :cool:

Are the Bilsteins dampning adjustable from the bottom? As you can by inverted ones (where you adjust them from the bottom of the shock)

That strut brace looks really good (Not looks wise, i mean performance wise). Like the way it bolts to the rear :cool:

Are the Bilsteins dampning adjustable from the bottom? As you can by inverted ones (where you adjust them from the bottom of the shock)

I will check it out, but I think the coilovers are probably the Bilstein PSS (height adjustable but not damping adjustable)

PSS System
The Bilstein PSS Suspension allows you to adjust your vehicle's ride height without the expense of the fully adjustable damping system.

This system features both coilover and standard monotube gas pressure shocks with performance level valving along with application specific, progressive rate coil springs. The PSS system lets you set your car low and tight for optimum performance or back to a more stock like ride height and handling characteristics. Ride height adjustments can be made on the vehicle without removing the suspension. The solid aluminum spring seat and lock nut allows a selective adjustment of the vehicle's ride height. Spring travel and vehicle body height change, but the spring seat remains pre-loaded throughout the allowable range of adjustment.

The Bilstein PSS 9 seem to be the damping adjustable ones :smt023

If your diff is clicking at low speeds (like manovering around car parks) id pretty much say it is a 1.5.

Pads are possibly Endless??

Possible identified the engine mounts;

EngineMount.jpg

The Alex engine mount set for the DC5 is a complete replacement set for the OE mounts. The Alex engine mounts are reworked OE DC5R mounts. Alex drains the original fluid from the stock DC5R mounts, then injects a silicone/urethane based substance into the mount to replace the original fluid.The new filler is injected until the mount's shape is actually larger than it was originally, providing a substantially stiffer mount. The stiffer mounts provide quicker engine response, significantly improved power transfer (eliminating wheel hop commonly found with DC5's), and quicker steering response under acceleration. The Alex engine mounts are recommended for race use only.

If it is them, they are a bit pricey!

Back