• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC5

Another add on - ITG fitted now as well, Sam has pics to be uploaded as she was expecting me to cut my fingers! :lol:

It sounds nice as its more defined with the induction noise.

Thanks lads! I finally get to drive it soon! :D

Only thing that is worrying me is, the guy said don't wash the car for a week and don't wash the wheels for 2 weeks as the lacquer needs to set. What about the brake dust that will build up on them? Wont it knacker them?

Anyone know? ( I should ring the guy who did them but im cr@p on a phone)

You wheels should be fine with two weeks of brake dust on them. When you finally get to clean them, if there is any stubborn dust on there (which I doubt there will be), it will come off with some gentle persuasion with a clay bar.

Make sure to seal them with something like poorboys wheel sealant artef your lacquer has hardened. It will protect the wheels and make keeping them clean a doddle.

You wheels should be fine with two weeks of brake dust on them. When you finally get to clean them, if there is any stubborn dust on there (which I doubt there will be), it will come off with some gentle persuasion with a clay bar.

Make sure to seal them with something like poorboys wheel sealant artef your lacquer has hardened. It will protect the wheels and make keeping them clean a doddle.

Cheers Jermal ;)

Ive seen the Auto Glym wheel sealer, is this any good?

Cheers Jermal ;)

Ive seen the Auto Glym wheel sealer, is this any good?

I haven't used it personally, but it must be better than nothing at all. The sealant acts as a barrier so brake dust adheres to the sealant rather than the wheel itself.

I haven't used it personally, but it must be better than nothing at all. The sealant acts as a barrier so brake dust adheres to the sealant rather than the wheel itself.

ORLY

I'll get myself some, its going to kill me waiting to clean my car! :lol:

Just to add :D

My JMR tie bar has arrived and been fitted! Ignore the dirt as i need to clean it.

Photo0266.jpg

Photo0267.jpg

Photo0268.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally i get to update this with a bit more info.

A big thanks to Rodan for the finger in the right direction ;)

Ive just booked my car in to Grinspeed for a set of Eibach lowering springs & FRSU on the 21st May.
Stevie has given me a quote of £514 for everything and is even opening up on a Saturday for me as he doesn't usually work them. He's a top bloke and if you want to save some cash then drop him a call.

http://www.grinspeed.co.uk/

I can't wait!!! :D:D

We've waited nearly 2 years for an update and it isn't even one you've carried out yet... poor show Mark. :p Still, it's supposed to be one of the best mods for the DC5, it's a shame I never got round to doing it on mine.

We've waited nearly 2 years for an update and it isn't even one you've carried out yet... poor show Mark. :p Still, it's supposed to be one of the best mods for the DC5, it's a shame I never got round to doing it on mine.

:lol::lol: Premature ejaculation mate, sorry

Ive been waiting 2 years to finally get a proper mod, the little lady isn't too chuffed but my continual whining and moaning plus the added fact of taking her to see Fast 5 has worn her out :lol:

Good work mate.

Seen lots of reviews of people going to Grinspeed and being blown away by his service. To the extent where a lot of them took photos of the stages of work being carried out. His workshop is plain silly how clean it is.

If you don't mind I might see if I can shoot up while you're there - be good to meet you mate and it'll give me a chance to nose around anyway as ill be getting mine in for an FRSU once I've bought the camber kit.

Good work mate.

Seen lots of reviews of people going to Grinspeed and being blown away by his service. To the extent where a lot of them took photos of the stages of work being carried out. His workshop is plain silly how clean it is.

If you don't mind I might see if I can shoot up while you're there - be good to meet you mate and it'll give me a chance to nose around anyway as ill be getting mine in for an FRSU once I've bought the camber kit.

Yeah that would be good, I can blame you then for telling me about him. :lol:
I think I've got be there for 9am so he can start work in it, it would be good get some pictures of the work being carried out. I can't believe how nice he is, he was at BBQ's with family and in New York while we were chatting about my set up throughout the week! Most people would ignore you until they started back work.
Any way, I owe you a pint for saving me Yen, just not at 9am though :lol:

These guys are literally 6 miles from my house.

Can I be cheeky and pop along too to have a nosey?

As long as I remember of course, lots of stuff going on at the moment! :lol:

Right, im back and its done.

Im over the moon with it! The car feels stable and sturdy now, this is how it should come out the factory.

Stevie at Grinspeed was really welcoming and even took the time out to explain everything as he set it up. He even checked my car underneath while he was there and told me i had a good one :)
Going to Grinspeed saved me £300 and he works on World Rally Cars plus has experience with the big tuning garages. He even told me he that he's had dealings with Tom at TGM motorsport for parts and other things.

Ive taken some pics and i apologise as some of them are a bit blurred.
Enjoy ;)

b44e4f7b.jpg

b85fecaa.jpg

8f914d3b.jpg

73544634.jpg

e07d764a.jpg

daf237f1.jpg

aff72f3e.jpg

c567af02.jpg

3b6887c9.jpg

b432aa2f.jpg

fe31d96a.jpg