• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My dyno results (graph included)

Had my car mapped at CPL on friday. As you can see there was quite a big before and after difference. Looking at the graph I think transmission loss is about 18%, is that about right?
8)

dyno.jpg

Seems a little on the low side just thinking what most standard CTRs make on the CPL dyno?

Just hunted this up on CTRO posted by Guy?

..... with all the other stock ones we have tested make between 153 and 160 at the wheels add 18% for transmission losses and at best you get 188.8 flywheel. The 40 bhp that we gained was at 5600 rpm. The absolute best we have seen from an NA ctr fully TODA'd and tuned was 198.6 So although I believe 250 is possible it requires extensive work. Maybe ITB's would be enough on a car that has 198.6 at the wheels but we'll have to wait and see.

Unless i'm reading your dyno plot wrong then yours seems a bit on the low side?

HASNIC said:
Seems a little on the low side just thinking what most standard CTRs make on the CPL dyno?

Just hunted this up on CTRO posted by Guy?

..... with all the other stock ones we have tested make between 153 and 160 at the wheels add 18% for transmission losses and at best you get 188.8 flywheel. The 40 bhp that we gained was at 5600 rpm. The absolute best we have seen from an NA ctr fully TODA'd and tuned was 198.6 So although I believe 250 is possible it requires extensive work. Maybe ITB's would be enough on a car that has 198.6 at the wheels but we'll have to wait and see.

Unless i'm reading your dyno plot wrong then yours seems a bit on the low side?

huh?
So stock makes 160 wbhp

and i made 170 wbhp ? i dont think that is bad :?

the 159.9 in the top corner is the power it made when guy tested it before he did any mapping

Black R said:
the 159.9 in the top corner is the power it made when guy tested it before he did any mapping

Ah sorry dude, just looked at the top number, didn't bother looking at the actual graph. Nope good result there dude 8)

HASNIC said:
Black R said:

Ah sorry dude, just looked at the top number, didn't bother looking at the actual graph. Nope good result there dude 8)

:lol:

knew i should of cropped that bit

Hmmm

I made more than that with gruppeM and Prospec exhaust. :?

It came out at 230.8bhp (fly) 178 i think at wheels..

We think my car may have been running high as standard.

did you make that power at cpl's or on a dyno dynamic dyno if not theres no point compairing

As fire said, unless you made it on the same dyno, it's not comparable. If it was on the TDi North Dyno for example (as mine was), I think everyone agrees that it reads over that of CPL's.

thejudderman said:
As fire said, unless you made it on the same dyno, it's not comparable. If it was on the TDi North Dyno for example (as mine was), I think everyone agrees that it reads over that of CPL's.

Apparently since the software update it reads about the same now, but certain people are going to take ALOT of convincing of that!

HASNIC said:
thejudderman said:

Apparently since the software update it reads about the same now, but certain people are going to take ALOT of convincing of that!
:lol:

HASNIC said:
thejudderman said:

That's always good to hear! 8)

I personally wouldn't be arsed to argue, if people want to think I'm only making a real 3whp.. that's fine by me! :lol: I'm never gonna make big figures anyway :)

Back