• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my ep3

Bad times. Fingers crossed the chap coughs up for you.

Cheers Loxy. I've just double checked my receipt and it does state 12 month or 12,500 mile guarantee, whichever comes first, dated September 2014 so I think I will sleep a bit better tonight.

Cheers pal.
I'm not sure it will though. 2 days of arguing with the owner and he refuses to fix it he said I've drove it to destruction as I haven't taken It back to him when I called him. I did say that I'm flat out 6 days a week at work and he doesn't work weekends so it will be difficult for me to to take a day off work to drive the car back to hull for him to inspect.
Looks like I'm going to have to county court him. Gutted. The Mrs has 7 weeks left till she drops so this is a real pain in the backside.

The engine guy picked my car up and towed it back to his workshop 2 weeks ago and agreed to fix it if I payed for the parts. I agreed as like he said, I should of took it straight back to him. Anyway I'm sick of arguing as I need my car fixing.
He rang me this morning to say it's fixed and the charge for the parts is just under £250. He told me the tensioner had over tensioned and caused the chain to ware away the guides. Neither of us could understand why. I'm just as baffled as him.
when he re conned it last time he fitted genuine chain and guides but didn't replace the tensioner so I think it could've failed but I've never seen one over tension. I know it runs on oil pressure as the revs get higher but how on earth it's done that is beyond me. Even if the oil pressure was too high due to the worn rings it had then surely the oil pressure valve would of relieved it back into the intake. Very strange but on the plus side, my car will be back on the road again with a new chain, tensioner and guides. Fingers crossed now that it's ok.

I'd certainly get the new warranty in writing! Sounds like he should have replaced the tensioner as part of the recon to be honest, but that's not a massive outlay for you. Fingers crossed it's all sorted now then!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

My new baby boy has arrived. We named him Lewis. Can't wait to spend my life with him, and buy him his first socket set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite surprised how I managed to fit a car seat and base + a complete pram in my ctr as well as his baby bag and the Mrs.

Awwww so bless. Congratulations. All worked out in the end! And yeah I like to think these cars are quite roomy. I'll find out when I have to pack a load of camping gear and 2 Pugs in to mine next month as we're camping 10 mins away from Rockingham Speedway so I can attend Japfest 2 on 16th Aug! :lol:

For a hot hatch the CTR is very spacious in the back and a decent sized boot. Congrats on the baby son. I bet he gets a Recaro baby seat :D

They do have good boot space and surprisingly comfortable with the rear seats down and a double air bed lol

Lol sorry, could have worded it better, that was at modified nationals last 2 years, beats a leaky tent anyway lol

Thanks guys n gals for your kind words. I'm definitely one proud dad. My friends told me to sell my car as it's not practical with a baby. How wrong were they. Everything fits in and little Lewis falls straight to sleep with the rumble from the exhaust and the vibration from the polly engine mounts. It's the perfect baby machine. Lol.

I did the same in a celica I had years ago. I thought I was clever until I tried to start it up the next morning. Yep, you've guessed it. I fell asleep with the radio on and it drained the battery. Definitely comfortable on the air bed though.

I have added his name to the picture and printed off. It now hangs on my sons bedroom door. Forgive me if you think I'm a bit sad. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
People distract him while I sort out this type R... Look what is that?... Distracted. Right lets get rid of those reg rear windows.. Woot.. Get Premier edition tinted ones in...... Much better. :D Now change out those front seats to Recaro's I nicked from someones else Premier edition... Sorted. Thats better.

:D

Looks fine now :)

Back