• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My FD2

Due to be going in September Stu although i've applied for a new job which if I get, may postpone it. Brands is only 20mins from me so looking at doing something there as well, either an evening or full day. It'll do well on track IMO but we'll see :)

Parts for my wheels due next week so I thought I should give my front calipers some attention as they'd look terrible behind freshly powdercoated wheels. Not only that, I think the red calipers would clash with the blue nuts. I looked at various options including trying to fit FN2 Spoon calipers. Decided against uprated brakes for the time being though as I wanted an inexpensive and simple solution that involved leaving the calipers in place whilst I sorted them.

I found a VHT Anodised Blue paint kit on ebay including the undercoat, colour coat and lacquer.

Had a go this evening after work and although far from being a pro job, i'm happy with how they've turned out. Hopefully they'll look ok when I see them in daylight.

Started with this:

IMG-20130711-WA0006_zps1732745a.jpg

IMG-20130711-WA0007_zpsbb168c3b.jpg

IMG-20130711-WA0008_zps28d93f66.jpg

That's after the first coat of lacquer, did two more after that but my phone died so no pics of the finished item.

I've ordered Brembo stickers tonight which hopefully won't take long to arrive.

Total cost of materials, £30 which I can live with as I was being quoted £200/£250 to do them properly.

I'll do the rears tomorrow.

They look ok this morning when I had a quick look. Look a bit odd without the Brembo logo though. I cleaned up the sliders as well and the brakes feel a bit sharper. I'll be interested to see if they can take the heat.

Yeah I rubbed them down, degreased them etc.

Only problem I can see with that vid is it's a non Type R so all the components they attatch to may not line up. I know the steering knuckle is different. It makes me wonder if the Spoon calipers aren't suitable for the 320mm disc on the FD2.

Here's how they look now

20130712_162740_zps4f0e826e.jpg

20130712_162757_zpsb82b6676.jpg

Have you spoken to TGM? They do a 355mm kit with a chunky Brembo caliper (originally an F50 6pot but I think they use a big 4pot now)

Not bad. Got any with the rest if the car?

I'll get some when i've done the rears. And stickered them up. It should all tie in nicely when the new wheels are on.

Have you spoken to TGM? They do a 355mm kit with a chunky Brembo caliper (originally an F50 6pot but I think they use a big 4pot now)

Do you mean the gold/titanium colour calipers they have on their race FD2? I did ask but i'm not entirely sure I need uprated calipers now, they feel a lot better since I cleaned them up before spraying them. With some different pads they'll be spot on I think.

All done now, far from perfect but good enough for now. The rears came out a bit darker but look ok. Need some new discs and pads on the rear soon.

20130713_171328_zpse61610ad.jpg

20130713_191516_zps8f68ae19.jpg

20130713_173715_zps38096cef.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd buy the twin exit FEEL'S if I was going for the diffuser ;)

I have a cam cover being done by Bren atm, opted in to the Cusco ARB's group buy on the FD2 forum, wheels should be done next week I hope then it's saving for a header.

Back