• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My first car CTR '05 plate NHB

Thanks guys. Yeah I never used the clips for the Hekos. So far so good it seems but anything happens and I'll defo just fit more tape to them!
I've been asking around for quotes for respray of my bonnet.. apparently I'm looking at £300/400. Who knew!!! Trying my hardest to get a new bonnet but no luck yet.

Brought ton of new cleaning stuff today by Meguiars. And just gave my exhaust some TLC.

Before..
20150427_165543.jpg

After..
20150427_171143.jpg

I know this thread is probably boring to some but it's nice to be able to share my little mods. I'm doing all small things and it's still costing a ton!!! These goodies arrived today. Cant wait to fit now.. so impaitent.

20150430_184112.jpg

Next will be purple tow bar. And then end of month finally my callipers.

Good work on the exhaust trims. Did you use NXT All Metal? I'm a fan of Autosol metal polish myself.

I know this thread is probably boring to some but it's nice to be able to share my little mods. I'm doing all small things and it's still costing a ton!!! These goodies arrived today. Cant wait to fit now.. so impaitent.

Wouldn't be much of a forum if people didn't post things they thought might bore a few people!

Good work on the exhaust trims. Did you use NXT All Metal? I'm a fan of Autosol metal polish myself.

Thank you! Nah used the Autosol! Very nice stuff. Need to do it again really... Got few little black dots need getting off still.

Door sills come from a guy from another forum!

Thanks for the boost Rich :D lol .. I'll carry on..

This is what I done this evening.. Fitted my door sills.

20150501_174259.jpg

And done my new badges. But mucked two up in the process because I am terrible at this sort of thing. Bit gutted every time I look at the front and steering wheel badge now.

20150501_175334.jpg
20150501_181229.jpg
20150501_182405.jpg

20150501_175945.jpg

Few of the car from a distance..

20150501_183818.jpg

20150501_183833.jpg

DMB graphics and all together cost about £32 inc postage!

If any one knows of any one selling a pretty good condition NHB bonnet please give me a heads up - I'm getting sick of this crappy paint job on mine and I'm hoping it'll be cheaper than forking out £300 on a paint job. Prefer South East or Midlands (As far as Derby) sale.

It's been a while. In a short space of time I've really transformed my car in to my own with loads of subtle mods. I've pretty much finished what I want to do to the outside of it now even though I'm eyeing up the Mugen rep splitter! I'm looking to dress up my engine bay next.

For my birthday last month I got my bonnet wrapped carbon and got a Kode tow hook. I've added a couple of purple stickers, purple dust caps, all my badges are now purple and the latest mod was adding purple rimblades (Rim protectors) - They covered up a lot of baaaaad curbing from the previous owner. Here's some photos of them..

20150624_183817.jpg

Here's a couple of professional photos I took of him before I added my purple stickers and rimblades..

DSC_4889.jpg

DSC_4898.jpg

I also purchased custom leather seatbelt covers which set the inside off..

20150607_173109.jpg

I attempted to restore my headlights last month with a 3M restoration kit from Ebay (I'd read good things about it on here and it looked like it worked). Well I done something wrong first time around as I still had sanding marks/swirls and I'd only attempted one headlight. My partner thought he could do a better job and tried it by hand instead of using the drill. They ended up like this..

20150607_153019.jpg

Today I literally just got around to seeing my local bodyshop who done a massive favour for me and polished them up again making them look how they should! Brand newish.

20150629_162841.jpg

I'm still yet to attempt to paint my break calipers. I've got purple paint ready! I'm off to Japshow this Sunday so I'm giving him a proper good clean inside and out. Going all out with all my new products and clay mitt. Hopefully will have more photos to show after Sunday. And I will attempt to paint my calipers before Japfest 2 in August.

Looks well! I have literally just refurbed my headlights using that kit too, and painted my brake calipers (feel free to check how awesome they look on my thread!)

Easy enough to do just make sure you have a good trolley jack and some axle stands!

I too fancy a mugen rep spoiler, but have some other mods to see about first I think!

I needed more purple on the car so I've now added a sunstrip to the windscreen! Love how all the how to videos make it look like such an easy job. I nearly felt like I was going to rip it off and throw it in the bin but I got there thanks to the patience of my other half who was helping me do it. I attended Japshow on Sunday at Santa Pod and took some updated photos. Here they are..
Next task is definitely my calipers ready for Japfest 2 next month. Thanks for the heads up Rich!

DSC_5056.jpg

DSC_5055.jpg

DSC_5056.jpg

Car looks good! Bonnet wrap looks nice in these pics. Be good to see when the brakes are done!

Not a bad first car! Your seats definitely look in better condition than mine. Would love to get them reupholstered at some stage but that's a long way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Yeah I've got some kind of 'traffic purple' paint from Ebay. Was supposed to start on them today but I've been lazy and brought an Xbox game instead. Hopefully next week I make a start! I'm determined to get them done by 14th Aug! I will update soon as I start :)

I had a really nasty smell in my car whenever I switched the fans about from say feet/body to the windscreen. It was doing my nut in but had no clue if it was an easy fix or not! Until I asked about something else on this forum Spike recommended me the website he brought something from and I found a page for stuff for the cabin! Now I'm brand new to cars really so I had no clue about pollen filters so I searched a video on Youtube and hoorah it was something I could actually find and do myself. So brought some new pollen filters (From Ebay in the end!!) I just hope this does fix the problem because the old ones had definitely seen better days. Sure only time will tell!
Please don't laugh! There's still so much for me to learn :lol: I've had a drive A - B type car since I passed my test and now this is my year for finally owning a proper decent car.

Any way I'm very pleased with myself on this find!!! Haha.

20150728_171041.jpg

Old ones -

20150728_171056.jpg

They actually look worse than that in person!!!

Fitted ready to go ..

20150728_171553.jpg

And if no one actually does know about these filters then they're located behind the glove box. Pull down your glove box and you'll see something like this ..

20150728_171707.jpg

A little black cover clips off and you'll see those black trays.

I FINALLY DONE IT! Since buying my car I've always wanted to paint the callipers 1. Because I wanted them purple and 2. They really did need a refurb. One of them wasn't even painted on the drivers side.

Here goes..

I cleaned them up with fairy liquid and water, used a brilo pad type thing as well as a wire brush and then some break cleaner. You could definitely tell the difference between before and after they were cleaned and I don't think I got photos of before!

But here it was ready to paint the first back calliper..

FB_IMG_1439114063519.jpg
20150809_110219.jpg

This was it half way through.. Looking a little all over the place

20150809_110752.jpg

Then before I think the second coat before my other half helped touch it up

20150809_112819.jpg

Wheel back on

20150809_133523.jpg

On to the front one which wasn't even painted properly..

20150809_130228.jpg

I found my groove by the time I got on to a bigger calliper. I found it looked a lot better compared to my first attempt.

20150809_135148.jpg

Wheel back on.

20150809_140423.jpg

I really got better with each calliper and enjoyed doing it to be honest. I was supposed to get help from a friend today but got let down (As usual!) So took it upon myself with the help of my better half jacking up each part of the car and taking the wheel off. Took all day but I'm grateful it was beautiful out and I'm lovely and brown now and my callipers are putting a smile on face. All ready for Japfest 2 next Sunday!

Back