• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Focus ST

Well, I promised pics of my ST when I introduced myself in the newbies section, and here they are.

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

At the minute it's running a Wolf WR330 conversion, (Had the engine updated but not the decals:lol: ), uprated intercooler, de-cat & cat-back exhaust. Once the turbo kicks in around 2k rpm it takes off like a jet! The mid-range grunt is amazing:cool:

But as a house is a bloody expensive piece of kit I can't justify paying for both, so the car has to go:(

Looking forward to experiencing the kick of the VTEC when I get round to buying my type R though:D

Hi Jono and welcome to TRO

Nice car matey........looked at a ST2 myself over the weekend.....was all set to order an FN2 but can't make up my mind now between that and the ST.

Whats the MPG like with the Wolf conversion?Dire i expect:D

Did you buy the car standard and then get it upgraded or did you buy it with WR300 already in place?.Doesn't that cost about £4k for the WR330:eek:

Cheers for the welcome:D

The car was standard when I bought it, and I've spend over 5K getting it to where it is now. The conversion alone was just over 4k fitted, so it's not a cheap mod:lol:

Fuel consumption is dire to say the least, even driving like Miss Daisy I struggle to get over 23mpg. If driven as it's supposed to be you'll be seeing 17-18 if you're lucky. On a recent trip over snakes pass I had it down to 11, but I was caning it like there was no tomorrow:lol:

Very nice mate. I do like the ST. What's it like putting all that grunt down coming off round abouts? Must get a bit hairy with all the torque (what's it producing?)!!!

As long as you're balanced on the throttle and don't just mash it down then it's easy enough to get the power down. In the wet it's a different matter though, it's just impossible to use all 330bhp and 400 ft/lb torque:mad:

Very nice car, shame you have to get rid :(

Kinda know how you feel. When I bought the house with Foxy she sold her Type R and I sold my mods. 5 months down the line she has a DC5 arriving and I have more mods.

Give it a few months and you will mod the type R :twisted:

Don't usually like fords, but must admit that looks very nice. Not sure about the rims though...

As long as you're balanced on the throttle and don't just mash it down then it's easy enough to get the power down. In the wet it's a different matter though, it's just impossible to use all 330bhp and 400 ft/lb torque:mad:

Overtaking never an issue then :D

Oh and thanks for sharing pics :).

Very nice mate and I can understand you are a little gutted to see it going. As G says, thanks for sharing the pictures and good luck with the future Type-R ownership. :D

Did you attend FITP this year?

I saw a couple of Wolf Foci in the hotel car park the night before the event & they did look very tasty.

I'm sure you'll enjoy ringing the neck of a K20 though ;)

Jono what brings you here? Selling your ST are you? Like i had to oh well back to the Type R :)

I didn't get to attend FITP last year, and I'm glad I didn't go this year either, from what I heard it was a total wash-out.

Yes Mike I'm getting shot of the ST, I need to release a bit of capital from it as I've bought a new house and I just can't justify spending as much money on it as I do at the min:cry:

Shouldn't be a sad thing moving from one hot hatch to another? I could understand if you had to have bought an old car or somthing, but *fundementaly* there isn't that much difference between the ST and a CTR? Sure they are completely different in terms of power delivery and comfort, but the bare essentials remain the same, that is you can drive both cars down your favorite back road and still have a huge grin like a 12 year old at the end of it in either car!

Shouldn't be a sad thing moving from one hot hatch to another? I could understand if you had to have bought an old car or somthing, but *fundementaly* there isn't that much difference between the ST and a CTR? Sure they are completely different in terms of power delivery and comfort, but the bare essentials remain the same, that is you can drive both cars down your favorite back road and still have a huge grin like a 12 year old at the end of it in either car!

Well said that man! :lol:

I've no doubt that the Civic will be a riot to drive,and I can't wait to give it a good thrashing, but the ST is the first brand new car I've bought and modified to such an extreme, and especially considering all the money I've spent on it I'll be a little bit sad to see the new owner drive off in it.

I've promised my better half that I won't be spending too much money on my new car, but I can't promise anything:twisted:

The car is on an 06 plate and has just under 7,000 miles on the clock.

I'm looking for around the 17K mark, which considering they're selling standard models at 16,995 at my local garage and mine has had over 5k spent on it to get it upto the spec it's at now I don't think is too much to ask.

I test drove a standard one in the week and I wasn't all that impressed with the car overall, power or grip. Got back in my teg after and it felt sooooo much better. If I did get one I'd have to have more grunt then standard. I was disapointed as I expected it to feel faster then my DC5 and I expected more then what I got from the car.

Back