• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My GF's New Car - Ibiza GTI 16V (cleaned)

Here is my GF's new car. Its a Seat Ibiza GTI 16V. This car is basically a MK4 VW Polo body, with the 150Bhp 2.0 16V engine from the MK3 Golf GTI 16V. I believe the car is pretty much the same as the Cupra version, but with more comfort features.

Mods on the car when we bought it;

- 17" MIM alloys
- K&N panel filter
- Sebring exhaust system (very subtle noise)
- Superchip in the ECU

Car drives very nicely, and is a great improvement on her old 1.2 Corsa! I am happy as when i am not using the Teg, I get to drive the Ibiza around.

Anyway, gave the car a good clean today, so here are the pics;

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

Car went to the Ring with its last owner ;)

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

I need to spend a bit more time cleaning the engine bay up

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

His an hers red cars :lol:

DSC01123.jpg

Looks cool, although I'm not sure about the black wheels, I think white would look better.

I see it's been around the "Ring". Just out of interest, what's the best way to clean up the engine bay?

I see it's been around the "Ring". Just out of interest, what's the best way to clean up the engine bay?

On this occasion, to start off with, I covered the whole engine bay in Tyre Foam!, left it to work for a bit, then sprayed it down with my Karcher power washer. I then used a large wheel brush, and 'painted' on Gunk (from a tin) on all the oily/dirty areas. With the Gunk doing its work, in the stubborn areas, I used an old tooth brush and kitchen sink sponge with scour. To get the inlet manifold clean, I also scrubbed it with some wire wool soaked in Gunk.

I then sprayed the engine down again with the Karcher, dried with an old towell, and finally detailed all the balck plastics/hoses etc.... with AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber.

The above is a bit of a 'rough and ready' approach, but gets results very quickly.

Cheers for the comments guys, its actually cleaner than my Teg at the moment, which I will have to sort out!! :lol:

Back