• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My H/U's gone mental

My Alpine h/u that i only got approx 4 months ago from Dalco has gone mental on me - the radio seems to work ok still but the cd side of things is a dfferent matter. When you turn the unit on either by the on/off button or the turning on the ignition, the display says the disk is paused ....why???... i didn't ask it to pause or more importantly when you press the pause button to continue with the tunes nothing happens except the display changes from paused to the word Eject. :( :( Have tried pushing eject, the screen slides down but fook all happens and the whole unit locks up.

Tried pushing reset but nothing happens apart from the screen goes back to it's normal postion and then the whole above process starts again :evil: :evil: .

Have spoken to Dalco who has said that it's unlike Alpine units to go wrong but has told me it needs to be sent to some company up north to be looked at but it means i gotta put the standard h/u back in :twisted: :twisted: So not only do i have to put up with standard speakers (which i was just about to change, but better keep hold of the money just in case) but i gotta suffer the standard h/u again :( :( .....still i spose it's better than nowt.

Apparently it could be away between 7-10 days.

mate in the 5 years i have been selling alpine units i think ive has less than 3 back for being faulty :shock:

It will probably go back to Alpine, or to a company called AEL who will fix the unit

just out of interest, have u check the tel mute wire isn't eathing out somwhere, could cause this problem

if not unplug the multi plug from the back of the unit and leave it unplugged for 20 mins, then try again. This will properly reset the unit

Black R said:
mate in the 5 years i have been selling alpine units i think ive has less than 3 back for being faulty :shock:

It will probably go back to Alpine, or to a company called AEL who will fix the unit

just out of interest, have u check the tel mute wire isn't eathing out somwhere, could cause this problem

I tried unpugging it last nite when me and a mate were pulling the dash apart ready to take it out. I have to admit we only left it for 10mins (which is what Dalco recommeded) and it was still pi$$ing about.

Just called AEL this morning as recommended by Dalco and they are picking it up this afternoon. Knowing me though they will get it and plug it in and the ba$tard thing will work fine (this sort of thing always happens to me :evil: :evil: , it better not though as they said if they can't find a fault they'd charge me £25) but i have a witness that it was going mental on me. My mate is no expert but he reckoned that the problems i was experiencing, the front facia might be the cause of the problem???? :?

Yeah I am an Alpine fan now since getting one a couple of years ago, my 9815RB I still have and is still going strong. I have had the usual top of the range Kenwood masks, the high Pioneer range and I had problems with both of them. The Alpine has been no trouble and the quality as soon as I put it in the car was noticable straight away and has now converted me to Alpine units.

When I change mine it will be for another Alpine :D

Carl

Alpine stuff is good, had a few Alpines myself, never had any issues. Sounds like your just really unlucky fella :(

CTR_Paul said:
Alpine stuff is good, had a few Alpines myself, never had any issues. Sounds like your just really unlucky fella :(

I hope so as i do like the unit and even on the standard speakers it's got a sweet sound. As soon as it's back i'll be contacting Dalco again to seal a deal on some speakers.

and you will get recommendations from the DLS range for sure :D . They are good choices as they only make speakers and nothing else.

csiu said:
and you will get recommendations from the DLS range for sure :D . They are good choices as they only make speakers and nothing else.

They make amps as well :wink:

Back