• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My JRSC JDM Civic Type R ... 308.1 bhp ... Bride & takata's on 17

I havent looked into if they're illegal or not?
It came up for sale so i thought id buy it to put it on as it never had 1 when i bought the car.
Even if i didnt put it in the car i'd still have it for re-sale etc..

re: the flare, is it still "live"? As im sure i read that on import the flares are found to be empty or when the the new owner recieves the vehicle. Not saying this is 100% but i'm sure ive read this subject being talked about before.

After working nights thursday night and not getting in till 5 friday morning, i had to get ready to leave at 6am for my 3 hour trip up to TDI North.

Arrived at TDI North at 8.30am and met "judley" off of TRO who bought my Orange OEM wheels :thumbup:
Shortly after Paul and the other turned up, filled in a form, left him the keys and got a taxi to the Holiday Inn round the corner.

Half way through the day while i was at the Trafford Centre Paul rang me up and left me a message saying he ran into a problem with the throttle body on my RBC.. It was a 70mm throttle body that only fitted the RBC mani and wouldnt fit on the JRSC, but luckily Paul had a OEM throttle body laying :-D

Picked the car up saturday afternoon around 12, sorted afew things out, had a little chat and took off for my drive back home which was full of road works and traffic jams :bad-words:

Heres afew pics....

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

Dyno graph (308.1 bhp 200.2 lbft ) ....

dynopic.png

Heres myold RBC for sale..
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...ith-70mm-throttle-body...&p=708856#post708856

great figures there. :twisted:

re: the flare i found mine in the r32 too:D feels empty though:( but couldnt resist going for a look after the topic was brought up.

can I just ask have you had any reliabilty problems since fitting the jrsc? I really want to buy one but I had a mx5 with a greddy turbo and it was unreliable overheated and finally died after only a year of me owning it with very low miles for a jap engine only 60,000. it was on the car when I bought it so mabie it wasnt set up correctly, I just dont want to destory my ctr in the same way!

can I just ask have you had any reliabilty problems since fitting the jrsc? I really want to buy one but I had a mx5 with a greddy turbo and it was unreliable overheated and finally died after only a year of me owning it with very low miles for a jap engine only 60,000. it was on the car when I bought it so mabie it wasnt set up correctly, I just dont want to destory my ctr in the same way!

Ive not even had it fitted a week so cant say much realy apart from ive had no issues so far (touch wood)
I think your more likely to have things go wrong with a turbo's EP3 rather than a JRSC'd EP3.

Have a talk with Paul at TDI North, im sure he'll give you all your answers.

Turbos are notoriously bad on VTEC engines from all I've read. In my time lurking, I've never really read anything about problems with superchargers though.

Back