• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My JRSC JDM Civic Type R ... 308.1 bhp ... Bride & takata's on 17

They both produce excessive amounts of heat. That is where the problem lies. The JRSC should be within the safe limits of the K20 though.

Wow, only just found the thread now. That is the nicest ep3 i have EVER seen! Well done to your good buy! And that graph is looking very tastey indeed! If only i had the time and money to do so much to my car aswell. Really good car mate.

Well I agree with Darrnho! you car is nothing short of epic. with power to scare pritty much everything with 4 wheels! im sure it sounds like the world is ending at the top of the rev's. Get a video up asap Id love to see it!

Mines still going strong after nearly 2 weeks :lol:

Im just running in my new clutch at the minute.
Had my car at TGM all day saturday and had a Quaife LSD fitted along with a Stage 4 clutch.
Also had Eibach Pro springs fitted.

Sits alot nicer now.

Ill get afew pictures up once the weathers good again
And ill get a video up once the clutch is run in and i can drive it properly

Mines still going strong after nearly 2 weeks :lol:

Im just running in my new clutch at the minute.
Had my car at TGM all day saturday and had a Quaife LSD fitted along with a Stage 4 clutch.
Also had Eibach Pro springs fitted.

Sits alot nicer now.

Ill get afew pictures up once the weathers good again
And ill get a video up once the clutch is run in and i can drive it properly

as an estimate mate, so people can refer to this thread. what sort of ball park figures have you laid out for the whole set up? including what you already had im persuming your past 4Gs

lukeykb ....

I bought the car for 10.5k which already had K-pro, AEM fuel rail, AEM CAI, RBC, Apexi B-pipe and Spoon N1 back box.
I already had a Gruppe M, SFS induction hose, Skunk2 gear knob, J's racing front strut and DC battery tie from my NHB civic

Things ive bought....

Eibach Pro springs .. £120
D2 LCA's .. £90
Beaks rear tie bar .. £75
J's racing C paillar bar .. £125
J's oil and rad cap .. £50
Champ white cam cover .. £60 plus old cam cover from "brencivic"
Mugen pedals .. £75 IIRC
DC5 footrest .. £15
Footwell lights .. £15
Double din head unit .. £300
DEFI gauges .. £550 (not yet fitted)
HKS spark plugs .. £70
Stage 4 clutch .. £300
Quaife LSD .. £350
Stoptechs .. £1000
JRSC .. £1600

(think thats all of it??)

Plus labour for afew of the things.
Fitting the JRSC and mapping it cost me just under £1000
Fitting the Eibach springs, clutch and LSD cost me £800

very cool mate. love people who put real effort into their civics.

i thought it might be of interest to people who are considering s/c. goes to show the comittment, time, effort and bank blance to go with it.

very cool mate. love people who put real effort into their civics.

i thought it might be of interest to people who are considering s/c. goes to show the comittment, time, effort and bank blance to go with it.

Thanks mate, my girlfriend and family think im crazy for chucking money at it every weekend. But its my money ive worked hard for, so f*ck what other say or think.
If anyones thinking of S/C then it's going to cost around £3000 just for the charger, fitting and mapping. Let alone a clutch, LSD, and all the other mods needed to go with it.
As you can see above

In that case you need to seriously update your signature wadkins :lol:

It's a serious piece of work for sure. Is the stage 4 clutch really heavy?

In that case you need to seriously update your signature wadkins :lol:

It's a serious piece of work for sure. Is the stage 4 clutch really heavy?

I need to take some decent pictures 1st.
Even after a good wash and a little drive down the road the front wheels are near enough black again from the stoptechs.

The stage 4 clutch is a tiny bit heavy, nothing that a weeks driving wont get used to though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome car and great write up there! More pictures required! Are you bringing it to JAE?? Should imagine it would get a lot of attention! :cool::cool:

Done afew bits today after i had a BBQ...

1st i fitted a J's racing copy rear strut made by raffopj.
I cut 2 small holes in the rear carpet for the strut to stick out which i think looks :cooldude:

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

2nd i cut the holes in my spare C pillar covers for my J's racing C pillar brace

015-1.jpg

And 2 pictures of how the car looks on the new Eibach Pro springs...

016.jpg

017.jpg

Also fitted Skunk2 reservoir cover before japfest a couple weeks ago...

018.jpg

019.jpg

Back