• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My knobs stuck!

Hi all, finally got myself a nice satin ep3 pre facelift and was going to do my first mod or change the gearknob for a skunk2 item. I loosened off the 14 mm nut at the base of the knob but try as I might couldn't undo the actual knob? Has anyone here had to resort to mole grips or anything? Don't want to completely trash the original if I can help it.

Sorry ignore me people, just read on another thread that some are glued on and require mole grips and or heat so I shall try again later.

Sorted! My knob is free! And replaced with a somewhat more substantial model. Bit of a knarly rash left on my old knob from the use of molegrips but a quick buff up on a lathe at work and it will be good as new.

Sorry ignore me people, just read on another thread that some are glued on and require mole grips and or heat so I shall try again later.

Glued on :O what the hell??????
That's explain why I couldn't get mine off too /: cheers for the tip though :)

Back