• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

my manual adjustable suspension,

hi there, as the title suggests i have manual adjustable suspension tht came with my car and its been slammed to the floor, however with the poor roads around this area i feel every bump nook and cranny in the road, does this mean i need softer shocks or not and if so can anyone recommend any i believe i have the standard shocks not 100% sure ***.

PS i am also not sure what adjustable suspension it is either.

Cheers for your help, Phil

Can you post a picture of your suspension? When you say manually adjustable, do you mean that the height is adjustable?

Depending on type of suspension, you may be able to adjust the dampening level as well which should give you an easier ride

yes i can adjust the height on all four suspension parts by taking off the wheel, i have no pics of it atm but will post shortly

They won't be standard shocks then, on the top of each damper, there may be a little knob or allen key hole that will allow you to adjust the damper settings. But it all depends on the brand of coilovers that you have. Pics will reveal all :)

hi here is the picture of my suspension ,
imag0004qd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On the top mounts of your suspension, do you have a twisty knob simliar to this?

Zeta-S-topmount.jpg

It may not look exactly like that or have writing on it

If it doesn't turn easily then it'll probably be for taking the top nut off. Looks like you may be stuck with those damper settings then

Back