• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Milano CTR (lots of pics)

Quote me happy :mad:

I don`t even try them anymore, they are consistently pish

I pay £287 at the moment, only good thing about getting old

put the GF on the insurance always brings the price down, Nu did the price £200 less with ex GF on and she was a learner :eek::eek::eek: paid £400 fully comp

Just a naughty little question:)

If the insurance company send me a settlement cheque. Do I have to pay off the finance, or can I buy a new car with the cheque and keep paying off the finance as usual?

The reason I'm asking is, I've applied for 2 loans today for my next car, both been unsuccessful, dunno why, I've never missed any payments on anything, and my experian credit report is pretty damn good. Wierd :confused:

Hmm not sure, because if you fell behind with the finance repayments, then you`d be in a world of poo as they can`t reposses the car (well they`d get a shock)

Have you tried your bank?

Maybe the loans were unsuccessful as you owe alot in finance

Could be. I received a letter yesterday from black horse(CTR finance company) saying due to my impeccable repayment history on the finance they can offer me a priority loan of £7500. They can go up to 15K, I wonder if it's worth phoning them to see what they can do. If they re worried that I've got too much on finance, I've only got the CTR finance, which most of the CTR finance will be paid off by the cheque and a little from a new loan.

I`d wait until I have the cheque in my hands before looking at more finance mate. In fact, wait until it`s cleared

Nothing yet, the car has been taken from the recovery garage to the insurance approved garage. WHich is about 15min away. How long does it take for them to give one?

Mine was between 1 and 2 weeks IIRC

I had a Nissan Micra to drive about in in the meantime, slow but great to drive

Have you got a courtesy car yet?

Although my case was alot simpler as the tw@ that rammed me stayed behind and admitted fault

Because the other driver drove off, they will not give me a courtesy car. Unless the garage states the car is repairable. Which I don't know yet, as the insurance company nor the garage has phoned me.

My money agrees with yours :)

Yeah I use it for work. I've got 2 weeks off sick. So I hope something sorts out in the meantime.

Just aswell then eh. 2 weeks should be ample time. Car is wrecked, needs replacing. Simple

I'm looking for cars at the moment. Found some cars I'd never thought of. Most of them are slower than the CTR though. Just seen a Lexus IS200 Sport for 5K. What a lovely car. But I dont need 4 doors. I want a Fiesta ST, but cant find any under 10k.
Edit just found a Audi Quattro for 5K lol

Renault Clio mate. 172s can be had for 5k for a 2002 model. Obviously go for a newer faster one if you can, such as the 182 Trophy (i think)

CTR is a cracking car but there are others

I've found 3 172s in my area, one of them is the cup too. But I never really liked Renauts, appalling reliability, and very cheap interior. I'd love a 182, as the interior has improved on it.

If I had a 172, I'd never trust it to start or take me where I want. Maybe it's just me, I dunno!

Back