• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Milano EP3 - LCA's Page 5

Neil's Milano EP3

Hello ladies and gents. Thought I would start a build thread for my Type R.

Had the car for two years and have done almost 40k miles in it, still puts a smile on my face.

Current spec:

Eibach Sportline lowering springs.
N1 rep with unsilenced Bpipe.
Tegiwa M induction kit with silicone hose.
Energy Suspension engine mount inserts.
Solid shifter bushes.
Climair wind deflectors.
Teishei gear knob.
6K HID kit.
Component speakers in the front.

Parts waiting to be fitted:

Brenscivic cam cover.
DS2500 brake pads.
Hel braided lines for the front.
Tanabe FRUSB.
Camber bolts.

Future Plans:

Exhaust manifold
Inlet manifold
K100
Wheels refurbed in champ white

As well as a couple of smaller things like carbon plug covers and red wheel nuts.

Pictures:

GEDC0141.jpg

GEDC0138.jpg

GEDC0135.jpg

GEDC0127.jpg

GEDC0124.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

Thanks for reading.

:chug:

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Always nice to see another Milano Type-R........... your not alone with the dreaded paint fade!!

I see a few red ones around near me lol. Oh I know it isnt too bad atm but will need sorted soon.

I used to have a silver ep1 but when I was looking for an ep3 it had to be red. Car is getting some TLC next weekend, new clutch and a service.

Car had a new oem exedy clutch fitted at the weekend as the old one was knackered and I suspect original. New oil, coolant and spark plugs were put in and now the car feels great to drive. Love it.

Some federo ds2500 pads and hel lines have arrived which will be getting fitted in due course along with the teg m induction I am picking up at the weekend. Pics to follow.

Neil

Update - Cam cover and Tannabe brace fitted.

Update

Hello guys and girls.

Car is running sweet as a nut after a new primary o2 sensor.

Spent some time yesterday fitting my cam cover done in purple by bren. The work as advertised is top notch!

I think it looks great although it is a bitty marmite.

Also managed to refit my Tannabe strut brace, yes the sticker is upside down due to some jokers I know :badrazz: This will be getting powder coated at the same time as my wheels I think.

That's all for now until I get my brakes ordered up and fitted next week.

No during pictures sorry, just the finished article.

Thanks

Neil

20130331_142324.jpg

Long time no update with a the job and the demands of the other half the car has been neglected. However I should be purchasing some evo 9 wheels this weekend all being well, although they wont be getting fitted until after the winter months. After that it will be saving hard for a kpro and manifold and what not.

Neil

Update

Well I say update, for the latter half of the summer the car has been driven and enjoyed. I have however collected a couple of small parts in order to start stockpiling for next summer.

D2 Camber Arms

These look brand new and are well greased up.

20130609_111515.jpg

Will be getting these fitted after the winter and as I already have the Eibach camber bolts in I will get a FRSU after winter.

Second addition: Mitsi Evo 9 wheels. Again will be getting refurbed and powdercoated white after winter.

20131026_162328.jpg

There is some kerb rash that will need attending to but I think they are pretty spot on for what I paid. I just need to get rid of the 235 tyres that are on them and replace with some falken 215/45's.

Cheers
Neil

Little Update

A little bit of an update for you all.

Over the Christmas period a friend and I refurbed my Evo 9 wheels as well as a spare set of OE wheels for him.

Went for black and I dont think they came out too bad despite doing them ourselves!

I have got Evo wheel nuts and spigots to fit the wheels and have ordered some 215/40/17 Khumo tyres to go on them which should arrive tomorrow.

Some pictures:

primer shot

491.jpg

Paint drying

494.jpg

Cheeky test fit with the 235 tyres. They are just too wide so will be up for sale soon

502.jpg

Not the best picture but there will be more at the weekend once I get them on the car.

Cheers
Neil

Nice care mate and the wheels look like they've come out pretty well. What are the width and offset of the evo wheels? I'm looking to get rid of my work 3 piece split rims soon and am maybe getting a set of rotas again but the evo wheels look pretty sweet aswell.

Cheers mate, the wheels are 8x17 ET35, The 235 wide tyres on them in that rather shoddy picture are far too wide and catch on the arch. I have just recieved delivery of some Khumo tyres which should do the job.

So my tyres have arrived. 215/40/R17 Kumho Ecsta Le Sport. Decent reviews online for my price point and I doubt I will be driving hard enough for them to meet their limits. A rated for braking in the wet also, bonus considering I live in Dundee.

Will be going on the car on Saturday.

khumo1.jpg

khumo2.jpg

Back