• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Milano EP3

I thought it was about time i had my own thread about my milano red ep3.
I got it back in july 10, it was more or less standard, it had a dc sports cat back system and a aem v2 filter and wheel had been one white, besides that it was standard.

As you will see its come along way in the time ive had it, and still got along way to go with it.

This is how it was i got it.
IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

It wasnt long after i got it i wanted to lower it slighty, I took a chance and bought some daiyama coilovers and d2 rear camber arms and then got frsu. Also got a kawasaki green engine cover too.
IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5560.jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

Pics of how she sat when all fitted and setup
IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5705.jpg

IMG_5681.jpg

I then wanted to change the wheel, not that white doesnt work on red ep3 they look great i just changed a change, so i went for some 17inch team dynamic pro's 1.2 in matt black alog with some red wheel bolts
IMG_6034.jpg

IMG_6034.jpg

IMG_6039.jpg

When i got the car i knew i wanted some carbon fibre on it, so a week or two after i got the car i ordered some carbon fibre.
VIS Racing mugen style bonnet, front splitter, grill and adjustable spoiler. They took a while to come, but once they arrived i cracked on and got them fitted.
IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6135.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6205.jpg

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6273.jpg

IMG_6257.jpg

I was getting ready for some new brake pads so i thought id upgrade the whole lot while i was there. I went for some grooved discs, DS2500 pads and goodridge braided lines, i also painted the calipers kawasaki green to match the engine cover.
I also got some energy suspension engine mount inserts so fitted those too.
IMG_6353.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6506.jpg

I then didnt like the team dynamic's anymore so ordered a set of 18s, more on those later. I got my hands on a custom made carbon fibre rear splitter.
IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6572.jpg

Now that i had the front and back carbon splitters i need a set of side skirts so i order a set of seibon side skirts and also ordered a vis racing carbon bootlid.
IMG_6899.jpg

IMG_6867.jpg

IMG_6898.jpg

IMG_6936.jpg

IMG_6939.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

Due to the snow etc, i only got the side skirts fitted and i was waiting to get the back windows swapped over. HDR Pics by the way
P1030025_HDR.jpg

P1030026_HDR.jpg

P1030029.jpg

Then the carbon bootlid went on, totally changed the back of it, looks great imo
again some HDR pictures
IMG_7410_HDR.jpg

IMG_7387_HDR.jpg

IMG_7383_HDR.jpg

IMG_7408_HDR.jpg

Finally after waiting nearly 3months my new wheel arrived.
499aa8c3.jpg

30834291.jpg

5a0039f7.jpg

2a3ff493.jpg

I wanted some driving pics of the car so got my brother to drive it so i could get some pics, im better with a digi cam than him haha
IMG_7692_hdr.jpg

IMG_7696_hdr.jpg

IMG_7723_hdr.jpg

I then came across some aem powerslot big brake kit and couldnt say no, i also thought it was about time i changed the filter and went for the tegiwa m carbon fitler along with there inlet hose and water hoses. I also got a replica j's racing strutbrace.
IMG_7953.jpg

IMG_7956.jpg

IMG_7959.jpg

IMG_8023_HDR.jpg

IMG_8022_HDR.jpg

These were taken last weekend.
IMG_8035_HDR.jpg

IMG_8001_HDR.jpg

IMG_8027_HDR.jpg

IMG_8040_HDR.jpg

IMG_8047_HDR.jpg

IMG_8076_HDR.jpg

That took some typing out and coping links over but we got there in the end.
Its come along way in the time that ive had it, and still got a good amount to get done still. Ive got a japspeed 4-2-1 manifold on route to me and some heat wrap and ties.
One thing i havent got pictures of is that i have since changed the daiyama coilovers, the rear ones just died and killed the seals resulting in a very very bouncy rear. I changed to some tein super streets with top mounts and edfc control, and what a difference between the to, handles sooo much better. really pleased with it.

End of april im going for a rbc, lightened flywheel, exedy stage 1 clutch. then planning on a k100 fitted and mapped up.

Nice car you have there mate , when i first looked at it , i thought too much carbon , but the more i look at it the more i like it , good work .

The front face is beautifull with carbon parts, i love.
+1 with Sickypilot, too carbon.
But very nice car, congratulation.

very nice i do like the idea of having all the lower body work carbon fibre, works well on a red car

thanks for your views guys, it might not be to everyones taste and i respect that, but im over the moon of where its got to so far really pleased with it. You mod a car to make yourself and its done just that :)

Very nice write up! I would have got carbon bonnet and maybe the splitter and spolier and stopped there but now I have seen the HD pics I think it looks awesome. Not that I would do it myself but can appreciate the time and money spent.

This does make me want to get a front end respray though! Your paint work looks amazing! What do you use on it?

very marmite.

I'm still not sure either way, but it's your car and if you like it, that's all that matters

Love this pic:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/matt_zr/Civic TYPE R/IMG_6273.jpg

Much prefer those wheels than the 2nd set. Toe hook is crap though.:)

I prefer the 2nd set way more than the first, matte black against the shiney paint and shiney carbon didnt work at all and looked odd. As for the toe hook, did you not notice on the later pics its not on!

Very nice write up! I would have got carbon bonnet and maybe the splitter and spolier and stopped there but now I have seen the HD pics I think it looks awesome. Not that I would do it myself but can appreciate the time and money spent.

This does make me want to get a front end respray though! Your paint work looks amazing! What do you use on it?

Granted its not been cheap doing all the carbon but im happy, its only money, you cant take it with you when you die. I use dodo juice cleaning products on it.
I infact want it all respraying, there is stone chips on front bumper and a few age related marks on it here and there so once ive got power up to around 240ish its then off to bodyshop for a full respray to make it 100% clean

at first i was thinking what the f@ck. then as i saw more pics and ultimately the final product i am loving it.

at first i was thinking what the f@ck. then as i saw more pics and ultimately the final product i am loving it.

Cheers mate,

my idea what to have a ring of carbon around the bottom, then broken up by the red then carbon across the middle. Ive got the chance to have a carbon fibre roof made for it so it goes totally down the middle front to back. but not sure on that yet. But i am having the carbon mirrors thats for sure.

thanks for your views guys, it might not be to everyones taste and i respect that, but im over the moon of where its got to so far really pleased with it. You mod a car to make yourself and its done just that :)
spot on boss , its your car so its up to you what you do to it

As long as your happy thats all that counts. Nice to see something different. Keep up the good work:smt023

Back