• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Milano FN2

Hi all,

Thought I'd document the progress of my new toy here. It's a 2009 PFL FN2 GT in Milano red :). Not much done to it yet, but I intend to change that :D. So far, I've fitted a short shift kit which has made a world of difference, an Xcarlink unit so I can use a USB drive and bluetooth streaming and integrated a reverse camera with the factory nav screen.

Here's a quick pic I took this morning (excuse the dirty windscreen, there's tonnes of pollen and dust here):

TGd9gfq.jpg

And a pic of the camera on the nav screen. I need to fit an attenuator to bring the brightness down a tad, but it's usable for now:

z5VQFBF.jpg

I'll update as things happen!

Thanks guys :)

Nice colour combo with the Milano Red & the Gunmetal alloys :smt006

Regards,Mark.

Funnily enough, it was the colour combo that drew me to it. I was initially looking for a Merc C class (long story behind that), but this popped up and I couldn't stop looking at it all evening :lol:.

Not much to report this week. Today I took the car to Horizon Honda in Christchurch so they could take some photos of the rusty roof. They're sending them off to Honda HQ with a view to having it sorted under warranty, the chap I dealt with was confident there wouldn't be an issue, so fingers crossed! Out of interest, does anyone know how they actually sort it?

I also won an FN2 rocker cover on ebay. The one on my car has (for some reason) been sprayed black (badly) and looks awful. When the new one arrives I'll get it stripped at work and paint it with some nice wrinkle red paint. I also have some nice black probolts left over from a previous project car, not sure if they're the same thread etc. but I'll use them if I can.

I've been thinking this week about some mods for the car. I don't want to go down the power mods route before getting the handling and braking sorted - what do people recommend for a good fast road setup? Nothing too lairy, I doubt the car will ever see a track in my ownership :lol:.

Had some good news today, Honda UK have given the go ahead for the roof repair :smt023. Also booked the car in to have an A/C service and regas.

Made a tiny change to the car today :). Fitted some new dipped beam bulbs and side light bulbs. I used Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs for the dipped beams and some Osram 5w LEDs for the sides. I was a little worried that the side lights might be too bright, but they seem to be fairly sensible so far, although I'll get a better idea when it starts to get dark outside. Very easy job, 15 mins from start to finish and I didn't even need to move the battery out of the way :lol:. Excuse the dirty car, as you can see, my drive way is totally covered by trees.....

Before:

INiKWAW.jpg

After:

8e1rulB.jpg

Nice subtle little change, definitely less yellow and more modern looking.

In other news, the car is going in on the 18th to have the roof fixed, so I need to contact Horizon and arrange a courtesy car. Hopefully they'll let me have something interesting but I'll probably end up with a Jazz or something :lol:. I might suggest they lend me the NSX in the showroom :twisted:.

Back