• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Milano

I soo want that car back :( stupid economy, redundancies, kids and growing up.

Sorry, it's all gone now. You are stuck with "sensible dad" mode for the foreseeable future. Says the man who ultimately swapped an FD2 for the Graf Spee. ](*,)

Of course, you could always try putting a K20 into the Jazz, but I think someone might notice :lol:

I guess I associate growing up with a family and mortgage. I only miss it sometimes, but that's enough. Roll on when the children are older, Natalie is back at work and we can get ourselves back on track. When I bought the Civic I was on nearly half what I am now, but cant afford to run one :S

I blame the guy asking for pics of dc2 seats in an ep3 for me finding my old thread.
Chris, tell you what I most miss about the civic, the noise. My diesel sounds **** and that's putting it nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too miss mine but modding the Jazz has been fun.

Although the noise of the N1 is doing my head in already- alright sometimes when I'm just by myself, but conscious of the noise when Susan and Jamie are in it.

Of course, you could always try putting a K20 into the Jazz, but I think someone might notice :lol:

She would be more than happy mate. If she had a good paid job that's what she would get Tom to do.

My extent of modding the skoda has been remap and BT, ipod connection. I know things change, but I don't want to be old and sensible. Finances are dictating that at the mo

I too miss mine but modding the Jazz has been fun.

Although the noise of the N1 is doing my head in already- alright sometimes when I'm just by myself, but conscience of the noise when Susan and Jamie are in it.

Gary, didn't realise you had done that. I can imagine its pretty loud as there is next to no sound deadening in the Jazz, the wheel arches are empty

Gary, didn't realise you had done that. I can imagine its pretty loud as there is next to no sound deadening in the Jazz, the wheel arches are empty

Take a look over my build thread ;)

Maybe just one day, I'll K20 the Jazz as well hehe

You don't buy a diesel if your wanting a nice sound.

This, although 4cyl diesels are especially miserable. The straight six in the wagon at least has some sort of tuneful grumble.

K20 was always the plan for Pip's Jazz - then we split and she stuffed it into a ditch :lol:

All joking aside, instead of just thinking how miserable it is owning a diesel, start planning ahead now for a decent car. It doesn't have to cost the earth to run or be stupidly expensive to insure. You make choices about what you do with your spare cash. Choose to put some of it towards a future car purchase. :)

I know you're probably thinking "That's easy for you to say, you haven't got kids, etc." but we all have a choice about what we spend our money on. If you really want to get back in a decent car then make the choice.

I bought the ATR when faced with a similar predicament - a 20 mile round trip commute means 29-30mpg is livable and it has plenty of space and is "safe enough" for the Mrs to drive it - plus its dirt cheap to insure (£275 FC for me (34) and the Mrs (26) - FTMFW!)

Life is too short to drive boring cars - live for the now! :)

Although in fairness we have an Astra Eco Diseasal as well...!

You missing yours as well then :lol:

The price they are I can't resist getting another if I can't go the DC5 route. The fuel at the moment wouldn't be that much different for me as diesel is nearly 8p a litre more expensive around here at the moment. So in theory less MPG but costs less :lol:

I would have one again, but have to weigh it against £110 tax, £70 tyres and 600 miles from a £70 tank. Oh and insurance is less than £300. At the moment it doesnt make sense plus 2 bambinos in the back wouldn't be easy. Plan to have something quicker if I can persuade Natalie to get a Fabia vrs estate in a few years time. 1.4 supercharged and turbo charged :) although prising it off her might be difficult

I'm considering another ATR at the moment, big boot, 4 doors so easy for the dog etc. Also nicer than an EP3 to do the M4 trip to Wales or Gloucester. I don't think I could ever live with a 'boring' car.

Shame I can't afford an FD2 for now, as that would be an ever better choice. :lol:

I also keep thinking about an E46 330 Beemer but know I would get fed up of it as it's not an "M".

yeah thats true on the road tax bit, I am paying £20 lol

Insurance I am guessing it may be a bit more but not much as currently mine is newer so it may balance out

Natalie quite likes the 330 beemer so that's a possibility one day. I need to get a job closer to home and then I would be ok, its this commuting lark that doesn't help. Took me 90 mins to get home last night as it was stop start practically all the way home, even in the diesel you don't get a great return if you are hardly moving

That's where 2 wheels comes in. My commute basically doubles if I'm not on the bike, and I'm rapidly reaching the conclusion that this job isn't worth the best part of 4hrs commute every day over the winter.

That's where 2 wheels comes in. My commute basically doubles if I'm not on the bike, and I'm rapidly reaching the conclusion that this job isn't worth the best part of 4hrs commute every day over the winter.
I commute on my DRZ400 when I don't have to take little 'un to childcare - which at the moment is only 2 days a week - 60mpg and no traffic problems FTMFW!

Does get a bit dodgy now its dark though - even more so when its raining - people just don't see you no matter how much high vis, noisy exhaust etc you have :(

I don't envy you your commute on two wheels or four Drew.

With all the other sh*t that's going on currently, on 2 wheels it's bearable. On 4, I'm hitting my "had enough" limit almost every day. I like working for the Uni, but this job is not what I signed up for.

Back