• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My new DC5 R

Spooner Restorations

Approved Trader
Hi chaps, well after 5 years of owning two dc2's, one being a White UKDM, the other a black 98 spec JDM, which I still have at the moment, until someone takes her off my hands... I have plumped for a DC5! I needed a better daily driver which was still great fun with the vtec. I'm very pleased with the DC5, great car. Here are some pics below. Hope you all like :)
47f33811.jpg

33262c76.jpg

bc387ecd.jpg

c1266279.jpg

865b5d2e.jpg

23477eab.jpg

72526ff4.jpg

4759648f.jpg

caf34381.jpg

9b796b8f.jpg

The car is 100% standard, so a clean slate for the mods thar I want to do in time. Plans are:
- lower the car on eibach springs
- exhaust system either fujitsubo RM01A or DC sports
- Spray the wheels in graphite grey
- custom spooner productions rocker cover to come, wrinkle black with red lettering.
- AEM V2 induction kit or gruppe M if I decide to splash the cash.
So far I'm impressed with the 5, its a much better daily driver than the DC2, the gearbox is superb, lovely and smooth with that mechanical feel under your hand. Turning circle is much better, but I will say the brakes despite being brembos, lack feel. Where as the dc2 brakes are very touchy feely which I prefer. Nothing I won't get used to! The vtec is very smooth, not as exciting on the change over compared to the dc2, but once I get an exhaust system that will all change 8)

Thanks for reading guys, Paul.

How do you find the handling compared to the DC2?

Congrats on your purchase, Paul.

How do you find the handling compared to the DC2?

Congrats on your purchase, Paul.

I haven't had a chance to really throw it into a few corners yet, but from the driving I've done so far, handling is excellent, I'd say pretty much on par with the dc2, if a little boaty as it's on standard suspension. It's going to TGM tomorrow for Tom to have a good look over it :)

Well I picked the car up tonight, it has the gannon seal of approval 8) Had the gearbox oil changed as well for Justin (justincase) ;) :lol:

Back