• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR! (exhaust and massive brakes page 5)

Blast what a shame I was convinced you would be tempted by offer atleast ! Lol

haha sorry:p....

and to "Mod"

1.sorry if i text type, i am a welder and painter, not an english teacher, ive always stuggled with my english, gramma and spelling, so am sorry if i "text type" some times not intentinal, i joined this site to get advise about cars and show people my project.

2. sorry if you thought was meaning to sell seats etc, i was just saying there been sold, to fund my other parts, and joking about with people tht offering a 10er, as this is a progression thread, and thats a step in my progress to sell the items to fund new parts.

sorry if that sound like am been rude or what ever, i no your doing your job etc so no hard feelings but please dont hold my spellings and typing against me. thanks

Why buy a Premier to strip and track? I'd buy a Pre Facelift older one and save a few grand for track days?

Re: My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR!

Why buy a Premier to strip and track? I'd buy a Pre Facelift older one and save a few grand for track days?

Read back. He got it for £2,200 and wanted a facelift.

-wonted a low milage one 60ish k on this
-face lift shape
- something cheap so money saved can be spent else where.... and this was £2200 steall!! it also has been remapped, ds3000 pads on and induction kit lol

Re: My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR!

Judging from this pic I'd say it's a write off/stolen recovered and insurance already paid out sort of situation.

13822533_3X_zps4ccb4a70.jpg

Tape on number plates of this and the other cars is a give away.

I thought the OP had mentioned it somewhere but can't see it but on my phone so easy to miss.

Edit: found it.

Reason it's so cheap is I am in the trade and work very closely with insurance companies, cars been subject to a claim, it needs a wing bumpers and head light thats all no other damage whats so ever:).

A lot people can be bit funny with buying a car that's been damaged but... i know there's nothing structural, just few cosmetic parts. i would rather 2200 on the car with small damge then full 5/6k they go for straight then the money I've saved pays for some tasty parts;)

Judging from this pic I'd say it's a write off/stolen recovered and insurance already paid out sort of situation.

Tape on number plates of this and the other cars is a give away.

I thought the OP had mentioned it somewhere but can't see it but on my phone so easy to miss.

Edit: found it.

Has the OP edited? Cant see that post anywhere? or the one about the price?? iPad issue?

yer the car was from insurance, i paided 2000 for it with front end damage, there is no stuctual damge what so ever, just cosmetic damaged. way i see it though i have got a 6+ grand car for 2000, theres no labour for me to repair just parts and i get trade discount so cost me less then 500 to put it right. money saved by buying a damged car etc, can be spend on brakes etc,...

been a busy week at work but still manged to get most/all the parts for the car and some work done to it :)

parts ordered were

-rad
-over flow bottle
-front pannel
-passangers wing (managed to give drivers one some good pannel beating and straighten it up)
-bumper support/impact bar
-bonnet (had a small dent in so got tht for nothing, again knocked dent out all good)
-bumper
-head light
-new K&N filter as some little so and so nicked it off the car at the yard it came from...

my spliter was split pretty much into two but i have manged to plastic weld it back together and smooth it out, along with bonnet was primed up today.

anyways few picture

bonnet between stages, damged, repaired and just out the booth been primed

bonnet1_zpsc374ecc0.jpg

bonnet2_zpsc09bb657.jpg

bonnet3_zpsc9733163.jpg

new rad
newrad_zps9af43610.jpg

wing befor repair
wingprerepair_zps53f41992.jpg

front pannel
frontpannel_zpscc68b69d.jpg

spliter befor and during repairs.

spliterbefor_zps51085a15.jpg

spliter_zpscccbe623.jpg

hope fully will have the car fully finished and running by sat but not 100% sure yet as busy tomorrow and i have to swop a gear box on a mates 106 gti sat befor a track day but with bit look be up and running finished for sat:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool nice updates :)

Thanks, should be plenty more over the weekend. Think am going to order a mugen grill aswell.

Also wont to add a naca duct or something in the bonnet befor I paint it to help get some cold air in there. Also will run some ducts from the fogs to brakes to help keep them cool

Great thread. Subscribed.:)

cheers, will be plenty more to come am hopping to be out on track by mid april.... as going to do it step by step... so i can feel the changes of each item i change rather then go all out at once.

anyways all parts are now here pretty much, cars all built back up, just needs stripping back down and paint it monday/tus i think:) few pictures here.

2_zpse6567a84.jpg

1_zps6a747c0d.jpg

couple things just after knowing, i am after another set off wheels to run some slicks/semi slicks, what tries are people using on here and whats biggest sizes you can get away with etc? any help be great :) cheers

I've been looking at Spoon wheels, after talking to one of the guys we decided that the biggest size I could fit without any clearence issues would be; 17in, 8.5J with 45 offset. That would comfortably give you a 235/40/17 tyre. You could probably go wider, we were being conservative and allowing for -30mm ride height.

A lot of people use Evo wheels as they are wider, if you are going to run slicks it would be advisable to have a welded in cage (cant remember if you were going this route). As for what tyres its very subjective, personally I like R888 but the cost of them now is rediculous.

You can see Marks review of the Evo wheels here:
http://www.hondas-on-track.com/forums/index.php?topic=1388.350

sweet cheers for thats, yer the r888 are a fortune, i have just ordered a set for a mk1 cosworth at work and were 180 each! i used to run a048 on the saxo and rated them really well, but cost even more then the r888.

cage wise yes will be having a fully weld in cage made of t45 to help keep weight down, be design simlare to this one...
hondacivicep3.jpg

I've been looking at Spoon wheels, after talking to one of the guys we decided that the biggest size I could fit without any clearence issues would be; 17in, 8.5J with 45 offset. That would comfortably give you a 235/40/17 tyre. You could probably go wider, we were being conservative and allowing for -30mm ride height.

ok cheers am looking to run, 200/615/17 or 20/61/17 but am also friends with one of the porsche carrera cup teams and they can get me part worns which are 18's so will have to see when time comes, wont be untill coilovers brakes and rollcage is complete so props next summer.

Back