• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My new honda civic type r ep3 premiere

Hey guys,

Just got my new type r premiere before the snow came in and uploaded a couple of pics for the time being on my iphone, Really wanted to test the car but cause of the snow and ice now present, will just be patient for a few days!

Also just noticed that there is no 'civic' or 'type r' badge on the rear of the car which is disappointing to say the least especially since I just noticed it earlier today after checking the car over fully.

Any thoughts on where I can get this sorted out as I do want the official badges on the rear?

The car is running fine apart from the battery dying on me so quick when I was tuning and setting the car audio etc but know now that honda's have really small batteries compared to previous cars I owned. Will be doing a few things to the car in the coming months so will keep you posted.

myhondacivictyper_zps6c6f6640.jpg

myhondacivictyper_zps16570014.jpg

myhondacivictyper_zps36b74981.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, i was going to say also go for a Honda dealer for the badges, well worth it for the genuine items

Car looks lovely though chap, nice and original. I had a "Halfords special" battery as I call them on my car when I got it, that was soon replaced by a genuine Honda one!

Halford batterys are actually really good i got a new bosch battery though for £50.

Anyway nice car hope you like it when snow clears.

Forgot to say that, your being very sensible waiting for the snow to clear etc........ will be well worth the wait :wink:

Forgot to say that, your being very sensible waiting for the snow to clear etc........ will be well worth the wait :wink:

Well didn't wanna push the car on the first day but today the snow has cleared and lets just say the car is quick enough to put a smile to the face along with the whole package of the engine note and the gear change although the gear knob is cold as ice in this weather.

Awesome :D

The gearknob is freeeezing though isn't it in this weather! I've got a skunk2 racing one on mine, i think that gets even colder!!

Yea I have a M-Factory weighted gear knob and its been ice cold the last few days and when it was summer it was burning hot and felt like I was changing gears with a red hot lump of coal LOL
I just put one of my sons baby socks over the gear knob when its like this :)

very nice, seats look in great nic!

I think there is a market for gearknob cosies out there, my hand near enough stuck to mine this morning it was so cold!

Sounds like a gearknob cosie is the way to go, ive got the skunk2 weighted one on mine ice cold in this weather! ... Lovely car though bud, looks tidy!

Thanks for the nice comments and info guys....Yea I think the OEM gearknob is stylish and different but not very clever idea out of the box for the UK market I would suggest...although like the location of the gearbox now after taking me a day to get used to it. Having come from a Clio Renaultsport 182 with a heavy clutch feel, the clutch is well light too on the Type R..but again feels better for me now that I had a couple of good runs on it.

Like the car looks very clean, chose NHB because my little nephew picked black over cosmic, love the cosmic a lot , respect!
Need any help just shout bro!

Like the car looks very clean, chose NHB because my little nephew picked black over cosmic, love the cosmic a lot , respect!
Need any help just shout bro!

Its quite funny because I wanted a NHB Type R for a good while but never found a good deal for one so ended up with my second choice being Cosmic Grey but it does look good and actually growing on me more as the days go by.

Looking to drive it standard for a while to get to experience what they Type R ethos is all about then after a few months will be doing some modding but not too extensive. Will start with the very popular FRSU and either Eibach or Tein 15mm progressive lowering springs as going any lower might become problematic for me I think especially with them humps.

Back