• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Norwegian 03 CTR

Bought this car in july 05, im the second owner. Cant say how much i love this thing. I was originally planning on getting a RSX-S (since i dont like the idea of the wheel being on the "wrong" side with a DC5R) but didnt care for the whole import thing so when this car showed up in an advertisement and looked mint i just bought it and never regret it.

800x6000po.jpg

First of all, this car is expensive and rare over here. I think there are 5 of them that were sold new in my country and 2 or 3 that were used cars imported from germany last year. Making it a total of around 8. Brand new you had to pay 385 000NOK wich is roughly 35 000£. The horsepower tax has also went up since last year, so now it costs 5000£ more to import and register one.

After driving it for almost a year and reading everything i could find about improvements and upgrades i decided last year to buy and install the following:

- Energy Suspension motor mount inserts
- Mugen Power air intake (carbon box thingy)
- Toda Racing 4-2-1 SS exhaust manifold (the one with the flex pipe instead of cat)
- Fujitsubo RM-01A SS catback
- Hondata K-pro with PRB ECU
- Denso OEM wideband lambda
- JDM Honda front swaybar

After 4 hours of tuning on a dynapack on the wheels it gave the following result:

dynotuningcg7.jpg

A month ago i decided to finally install my new splitter and grille that had been laying in the basement for almost a year.

- Mugen Power frint splitter and grille

03062007062ft2.jpg

03062007065py6.jpg

Still have some stuff laying around that i havent installed yet though:

- stainless steel brake and clutch tubes
- aluminium bushings for the shifter
- Ingalls engine torque damper (to tighten it even further if necessary)
- Spoon Sport progressive springs

totparkeringsplassdsc04441cust.jpg

civictotmurveggdsc04468custom3.jpg

Also just bought and on its way:
- Mugen gas cap
- Mugen oil cap
- Mugen radiator cap
- Mugen pedals
- Mugen thermostat switch
- Mugen thermostat
- Spoon magnetic plugs

Soon ill have to replace my brake rotors and pads in front for the first time. Not sure what to get though. I think ill buy Hawk pads, but not sure about the rotors. Looking at Mugen, Brembo and OEM atm. Any suggestions?

Very, very nice. Looks good in left-hook trim and with foreign number plates, especially the white rear plate against the Nighthawk Black body.
I like that a lot!

Shame that these are so expensive over in Norway - i had no idea. Still, good on you for going to the effort and expense to get one. Plus the modifications sound spot-on!

EXCEPT ! -- put the red-H badge onto the Mugen grille, and get the Mugen badge for the grille also. Makes for a much neater look. I think without the badges that grille looksa bit odd and out of place.

Look after her - she's clearly a rare one for your country!

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter how many times I hear it said, the cost of living in Norway still shocks the life out of me. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well done to you for having a rare and enjoyable car - drive safe. :D

Looks sweet as fella!

I'd definately get the Red H badge back on your front grill fella.

:OP

Red H allready in place, forgot where i left the mugen logo which i bought when i ordered the splitter and grille. Just ordered one more plus alot of mugen bling from JDM Yo! land :)

Thanks for the great feedback. Cant wait until trackday!

Back