• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My not so pride and joy!

hello,
i have been a member since early this year and had my civic since Feb 16, and I'm sad to say it's been a bit of a nightmare since day one! But I'll save that for another time. Only 700 miles since I got it!

but I wanted to share a picture and say hello as a newbie!

image_1.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a story in the making.

Hello and welcome! :smt023

Sounds like a story in the making.

Hello and welcome! :smt023

Thanks loxy
I have gained plenty of insight and knowledge thanks to you already guys, but I need to have the time and calm down a little before I wright the story lol. All I can say is don't buy of a mate, even if you think you can trust them.

There little info on my post on suspension and drivetrain section, if anyone wants to see the prologue as such.

Sounds like a mare! I would never dream of buying a car or selling a car to a mate!

Whatever is up with it, I'm sure can be sorted.

Don't worry, I found enough things on mine too, but as Krzys mentioned, nothing that could not have been sorted.

Plus, it looks like we have the same car/colour/wheel combo, except my Team Dynamics are graphite grey. And got the steering wheel on the other side :D

Welcome!

Well, it looks really nice....

Hope whatever is wrong gets fixed soon, so it's just as good on the inside.

Well a little update folks,

The saga continues, had new shocks, eibach pro kit springs, camber arms, camber bolts, top mounts, drop links fitted last week and hooray the knock over bumps have gone, but a new noise has developed....... :mad: So i have posted in the suspension section for those that can offer some help or suggestions if any.

Apart from that the car is a little better on the Eibach Pro and running genuine shocks, but the new steering knock that wasnt there before is a bit of a downer.

Plans for the future??? well fix the steering knock, get my Genuine EP3 alloys refurbished and fit them, sell the Team Dynamics wheels, revert to a standard airbox setup and sell the AEM air intake (from the DC5 according to funky power) and who knows what next.

P.S. i still haven't finished nothing what i have done from day one but will add it at some point, only comment is that the Honda isnt built anywhere as well as the 3 Mazda's i have owned in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
but what fun would it all be if you didnt have problems to solve and conquer? fixing all of these issues gives you more of a feeling of love for the car even if its the most frustrating thing at the time! I've had multiple issues with mine and a lot of blood sweat and tears with it, but it gives you so much more back when you drive them kinda gives you a proud feeling of achievement. You look after the car and it will look after you.

I've hated mine at times but as soon as its out on the open road i cant find a bad word against it. Chin up and keep going it will re pay you well

but what fun would it all be if you didnt have problems to solve and conquer? fixing all of these issues gives you more of a feeling of love for the car even if its the most frustrating thing at the time! I've had multiple issues with mine and a lot of blood sweat and tears with it, but it gives you so much more back when you drive them kinda gives you a proud feeling of achievement. You look after the car and it will look after you.

I've hated mine at times but as soon as its out on the open road i cant find a bad word against it. Chin up and keep going it will re pay you well

i know what you mean but I have not had one day where it has worked since Feb and everything has needed work or replacing, I can't afford to send much more on it as I have already had to spend more than 2 grand on just making it drive right.

i know what you mean, i had to spend a lot on mine when i first had it to get it back up to scratch, every time i replace something i find something else that needs replacing. I've had to order a new rear caliper as mine decided to bind on after i fitted spacers ready for my stoptechs, now i've got a coilover making a noise and other stuff arises. One advantage is when you have fixed all of this you know you have a good car after. If you ever need help with it i'm not that far away to give you a hand with it

i know what you mean, i had to spend a lot on mine when i first had it to get it back up to scratch, every time i replace something i find something else that needs replacing. I've had to order a new rear caliper as mine decided to bind on after i fitted spacers ready for my stoptechs, now i've got a coilover making a noise and other stuff arises. One advantage is when you have fixed all of this you know you have a good car after. If you ever need help with it i'm not that far away to give you a hand with it

i appreciate that offer, even though your not super local.
Your more than welcome to cone look at it, tut a bit and say it's fooked

Haha drop me a message with what issues you've got and i'll see what i can do one weekend. A trip up the A50 isn't to bad, give me chance to get away from the mrs for a while haha

Back