• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Nurburgring Trip (Video)

Hi all

Dan here - new member, new EP3 owner (a very happy one!)

I bought my EP3 recently for £2,800. I did nothing to it (bar replacing the speakers...) and drove it to the Nürburgring alongside my friend in an FN2. I spent a whole day lapping the 'Ring, stopping only for petrol and lunch. It was absolutely awesome all day - never appeared to slow up, get tired, break down... I drove it back the following day (via Spa Francorchamps for another day on track) and got home wishing i could do it all again.

Brilliant car. I've tracked and raced a lot of cars over the years, but this is pound for pound the most fun i've ever had

(and it was on a set of Chinese remould tyres...)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8y6bNFH4aU&feature=youtu.be

i was happy with that! still managed to get caught up by a yellow flag after the Adenau bridge, plus i found it hard to find 3rd gear, so i think the sychro may be on the way out... Still, not bad - i'll have to go back next year and try to beat the lap record in an EP3 (8:47!)

Thanks Sam!

Don't tell the marshals, but I just wedged the GoPro in between the rear seats (in the gap where tou fold the seats down...)!

Looks pretty good, I think the fact that its mounted far back in the car, and has the fisheye lens, gives a nice impression of speed

Haha that is a great idea! The camera is really steady, I was going to buy a new mount for mine as the one I have wobbles about all over the place. Good for dramatic effect but a little hard on the eyes. Now no need (as long as my camera fits).

Sounds like the trip was worth it. I'll need to try it sometime.

yeah, although if any of the marshals see that it isn't securely fastened, then they'll definitely pull you over - so i don't 'officially' endorse it...(!)

Nice video man..! :)

we're off out there end of april early may (my first time) and i cannot wait!! might spent out on some decent new tires for my ep3 before ***, was yours completely standard? airfilter exhaust etc?

Back