• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My pre face lift ep3

Hi new to this forum and it's the first time I have done a build thread as well.
I got this just over a year ago now had 117k on the clock first thing I done was a service except the air filter as it has a k&n kit on it I will be getting rid of that as I don't like the idea of my air intake pointing towards the back of engine sucking in hot air also had the timing chain done at Honda just for peice of mind.
Going to be starting on the suspension first plan on having it finished in a year just over for the whole build first thing I have done is the engine mounts random first choice but mine were knackered and was knocking over bumps went with the innovative billet engine mounts 95a wasn't expecting the vibration from this to be as bad as what it was but have got use to it now only got the top two installed as we ran out of time at work got the other front mount on order along with a bit of engine bling  and some more oil and a new filter as I am doing a oil change every 10k so when that turns up will put the bottom two on together will update when it has arrived and I have fitted it on the car

Welcome Tom! How much did the timing chain job set you back if you don't mind me asking? I'm approaching 100k and will need this done.

It cost about £780 most of that was parts was about £200 labour genuine Honda parts ain't cheap that was about a year ago wouldn't of thought price would change that much but was worth it in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7d71dbdc4f4b16b163d46ea6b73170a1.jpg

Just had this turn up Friday my front engine mount, oil with shortie filter, tegiwa battery tie red and a tegiwa engine bay bolt kit in red hopefully will get a chance to put it all on next week

Small update after a lot of blood sweat and swearing managed to fit my bottom engines mounts I'm going to do the oil change tomorrow at work along with the battery tie and the bolt kit will post some pictures tomorrow

Would recommend if you doing it on a ramp was a pain doing it on axel stands because of the limited space but I'm impatient and didn't want to wait lol definitely would drop the sub frame makes things easier also put the bolts through the engine mounts first it's hard to line them up after if you bolt the mounts on first I had to undo everything after making that mistake

Did you drop the subframe? im not going to do it that way.

I was looking at the rear mount the other day and looks like all you need to do is unbolt the mount and remove it, lots of guides say you need to unbolt the downpipe?

Yea I dropped the sub frame you can do it without but looking at it you would have to undo the downpipe as I don't think your get the mount out with that in the way if your just doing the rear one then it will probably be easier for you to undo the downpipe I dropped the subframe because I done both bottom mounts

Small update changed my oil and filter also sprayed some underseal on today and fitted my battery tie and some of my tegiwa bolt kit thinking of changing the engine mounts again as the vibration is a lot worse than I though thinking of going for the Vibra technics fast road ones in hope they don't vibrate as much if anyone else has used these would appreciate any comments on them
24f0b1ba75a465041b536b73a4e18eea.jpg
5af525c8a0df3443eb1ec1d77d5e2365.jpg
9a0a489fd60fcb1e058138e7ce86c909.jpg
f78579c3a45e93b84b7c454b9f0c594c.jpg
663f38a810d283c51e82aa813869cf7e.jpg

Small update changed my oil and filter also sprayed some underseal on today and fitted my battery tie and some of my tegiwa bolt kit thinking of changing the engine mounts again as the vibration is a lot worse than I though thinking of going for the Vibra technics fast road ones in hope they don't vibrate as much if anyone else has used these would appreciate any comments on them
24f0b1ba75a465041b536b73a4e18eea.jpg
5af525c8a0df3443eb1ec1d77d5e2365.jpg
9a0a489fd60fcb1e058138e7ce86c909.jpg
f78579c3a45e93b84b7c454b9f0c594c.jpg
663f38a810d283c51e82aa813869cf7e.jpg

Right yesterday my new engine mounts turned up so got my car in the workshop after work today and swapped them all over have to say really impressed with them hardly any vibration at all now the car is nice to drive again
3b031d3ba95eee8806124719893a61e0.jpg
9aff62c9cfff3bc2250bf72637453b3c.jpg

Just had these turn up today birthday gift from my girlfriend my birthday was a couple of weeks ago better late than never was surprised how much the gear knob weighs heavier than I thought and got a bag of haribo with it as well also got a new gear knob gaiter and some red leds to have a play with thinking while I have the dash apart I might spray it red not sure yet
14b5bdc55e523de6c85f228a3afee25f.jpg
e55010ed74f3b57032aa33bf795fd05c.jpg

Shifter bushes make a massive difference, although after driving for a little while it becomes normal :)

Yea I heard they make a difference all *** I'll be putting it all on together so won't notice individual differences but mine are old and knackered so good excuse to get new ones

Back