• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Rear Discs

Hi Gav

I eventually called your Ryland Honda garage and as you said they were very helpful, more than my own was!! The torque settings are 79.6 lbs ft for the mounting bracket and 25lbs ft for the guide pin bolts.

Thanks again.

Dan

The rear discs on the EP3 do minimal work, do not pay over the odds by upgrading them thinking braking will be improved you will be wasting your money. OEM are more than good enough for the job.

On the contrary, upgrading the rear brakes is one of the few things that can reduce stopping distances other than tyres, well assuming your front brakes can already lock the wheels! It's worth putting the same pads on the back as you do the front so as not to lengthen stopping distances with increased front bias.

The rear brakes on an EP3 only do about 20% of the braking when stopping quickly as the back is so light. Upgrading the rears will make a very slight difference, but it will hardly be noticeable.

Yes, you won't gain much by upgrading just the rears, but you can reduce braking performance significantly by only upgrading the fronts. Brakes are all about balance, not outright power. ;)

Back