• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Satin CTR

Hello one and all, been on the CTRO site for a while now, but don't really post much anymore.

Anyway I thought I'd show you all my pride and joy, only had it a few weeks. Had the majority of the modifications on when I bought it, but I've changed the rear lights (used to be black lexus :? ), wheels, AEM rail, neuspeed shifter and exhaust. The guy who I bought the exhaust off told me about this forum, so thanks Chippyleigh :wink:

I've put the technical details about the car in my garage with some more pics for anyone whose interested.

Here it is -

IMG_0103.jpg

Future mods to include DC header, Vis racing bonnet, uprated engine mounts and hopefully sometime next year a Jackson charger.

Thanks for looking.

Col. 8)

Very smart mate.

Oh and welcome to TRO.

You saved a lot of money buying a car with mods fitted already.
Lucky barsteward.

Good luck with the future mods.

:D Thanks buddy.

Most of the modifications are what I wanted to do anyway. I know the guy who owned it before and all the modifications listed are no more than 4 months old... I'm really happy with it.

My future plans for it tend to be to up the power. The chassis and transmission has been taken to a level at which I think its sort of "future proofed" it in terms of safely upping the power.

There's two concerns with it at the minute, one is when I arm it it flashes four times, its locked fine, but aparently that means that theres something wrong. the other thing is the front bumper, the paint's not holding up too well, so thats gonna be getting resprayed in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the welcome too...

Col 8)

Looking very nice mate! 8)

Always loved the Subzero alloys, and mugen rear wing 8)

Get yourself a mugen front lip and grille! :wink: :lol:

Very nice, it does sit well. Oh and very good brakes. Drove Hovblacks with spoon callipers on, it scrubbed speed off pretty sharpish. You have a really good car to build on there. :)

chippyleigh said:
Hey there judderman, car looks the t1ts fella. Sits nice on those rims.

Now then :wink: Looks real nice I think, im pretty happy with the way it is at the minute, the Tanabe looks really good on it.

You got pictures of yours up yet, wanna see those BC wheels :D

Thanks to whoever moved it to this section, only noticed this section after I posted it. :oops:

Thanks all for all the friendly comments...

Col. :wink:

thejudderman said:
chippyleigh said:
Hey there judderman, car looks the t1ts fella. Sits nice on those rims.

Now then :wink: Looks real nice I think, im pretty happy with the way it is at the minute, the Tanabe looks really good on it.

You got pictures of yours up yet, wanna see those BC wheels :D

Thanks to whoever moved it to this section, only noticed this section after I posted it. :oops:

Thanks all for all the friendly comments...

Col. :wink:

Still got to get the tyres fella, sonna as I do I will post the pics.

chippyleigh said:
Hey there Col, anymore thoughts on the charger yet ?? you know you want it :twisted: :twisted:

Sure have matey, it's gotta be forced induction with a header for me... I'll look at getting one second hand, makes sense as theres a lot of money to be saved.

I'd also like to lower the compression ratio a bit if I go force inducted. I'd like to see the ratio drop around a point if I run the 8psi pully, should prolong the life of the engine that bit more. I don't know if anybody does a thicker head gasket for the K20, which would be the cheapest way to do it. :?

It's still going to be next year when I can afford to do it though :( , but at least I've gone off the whole Elise I idea... Too impractical for everyday.

chippyleigh said:
Toda do a thicker head gasket mate.

Really?!?! :shock:

I was under the impression that it was a stronger gasket, but thinner.... to raise the compression by around a point. Doesn't it give something like a 12:1 Compression ratio?

If they do, then that's good news, but I thought their HG was for the N/A tuned cars only, hence the raise Compression Ratio.

Back