• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Satin Silver Ep3 Type R

Thanks man! Just used warm water and woolite 6:1 and rubbed it in till the seats were just damp but not drenched and leave it for 15 mins. Then get a big clean bucket of warm water and rub clean water in then ring the towel and rub it out again, do this till it stops foaming and then keep rubbing with a dry towel to get most of the water out. Then just leave it to dry, best way I found was leaving the windows cracked and the fans on warm pointed at the floor, driving about like that soon sorts it out. You'll just end up with a wet arse for the first day or two ha.

Cheers bud :)

I've just resized all the pictures, apologies for all the small ones I tried to upload them with my phone and it obviously didn't work very well, hopefully sorted now.

Yeah man, got some niggles to sort as a priority:

Front Tyres
Passenger Fender Dent
Touch up paint
Bit off topic but need a good cheap low profile trolley jack ha..
Maybe remove rear seats as I never use them at the moment.

Then in time:

Subtle but effectively flowing exhaust
Custom feed for air filter as it makes a great noise but is susceptible to heat soak
Fast Road set up with camber bolts
Maybe remap but not overly aggressive as I want to keep the engine running sweet
Door speaker upgrade as the stock ones are pretty bad

And whatever else I fancy as and when ha. Basically want to keep it looking pretty oem but looking as good as it can and running as sweet as it can while retaining its daily driver usability.

I've cleaned my seats a heap of times, recently they came out the car to be sold. I discovered that it's WAY easier to clean them when they're out the car (just in time to sell them lol). I use carpet stain remover normally, whatever is lying around really, usually does the job.

There's a guide to a cold air feed on my build thread, post #238. It's about as good as you'll get without cutting holes in things. Look for a heatshield too. When I had an open cone on mine I was thinking of ways to integrate a small fan into a cold air feed, anything to create a bit of flow through the engine bay at low speeds. In the end I gave up and got a closed box system, the heatsoak just irritated me too much, I do miss the noise though!

Bet they dry out of the car a lot quicker as well ha!

I will give that a look mate thanks for the heads up :). To be honest I can't say I've ever felt the effects of heat-soak so far, decent cold air feed as you described should be fine for me as the sound is too addictive to give up on, at the moment anyway ha.

Well I've had about enough of winter now, car is filthy the moment I leave the yard which is not ideal and daylight hours are shocking at the moment!

Haven't had the money to make much progress but will do a little update as I haven't posted in so long. :(

Removed this strut brace with a bit of brute force and bending, the quality of the metal is clearly shocking and there is no brand mark on it so I assume it is some kind of cheap copy. Serves no purpose on the car so I decided to remove it, not keen on crap parts ha.

This is the dent on the front wing currently deciding how to deal with it in the new year, body shop is tempting but expensive and having a go myself would be cheap but I doubt I would get the finish I want and could make it worse... Undecided. Similar story with the paint damage below.

Couple of quick pics from being out and about, will get some good ones in a couple of weeks when I get some holiday and give it a proper clean.

Keep up the good work mate.
Know what you mean about the weather, hard work just trying to keep it clean. Saying that I washed mine yesterday and then put it to bed in the garage:lol:.... So nice and clean at the mo.

Keep up the good work mate.
Know what you mean about the weather, hard work just trying to keep it clean. Saying that I washed mine yesterday and then put it to bed in the garage:lol:.... So nice and clean at the mo.

Cheers :). Yeah man, very annoying ha. Would be lovely to have a garage! Currently in-between work placement and uni but once I get my own place a garage is a must ha.

I absolutely agree, it's great to see a car being revitalised. I would also add, in regards to the dent, give it a bash; worst case scenario, you won't make it much worse.

Thanks a lot mate, very rewarding way to spend time and money! Yeah, I think I will give it a go once I get some time off and have it at home with all my gear.

Package arrived today, will be using these at the weekend once I've picked up my new purchase!

Following that little project I have a week off work looking to sort the body work out and get a proper facia for the radio and paint the surround.

A very belated update, had an impulse buy on an exhaust while I was visiting friends at uni for a weekend and fitted it the same day. Makes a fantastic noise and not horrendously drowny as long as you keep the throttle feathered on the motorway. The system is made by Powerflow, a stainless steel cat back 3" straight pipe with dual tipped back-box similar looking to standard which I like but with a lot less restriction :). I had heard mixed reviews about the Powerflow systems but this was a dream to fit, sits lovely under the bumper (if a bit tight as it melted a mill of plastic on the first day) but as i say fits perfect not and no sign of damage to the showing face.

Still very pleased with how the car runs and handles etc, very smooth and pulls hard! One thing i've noticed though is that from a cold start there is a quick rattle/crunch sound as it starts: immediately after cranking and slightly before idle. Wondering if this is anything anyone has come across before.
Cheers!

Update

Back home for summer before final year of uni now, for the past few weeks i have been ordering parts to treat the old girl with a new brake setup and FRSU.

Going to get the work done at Tdi North early October, can't wait!

Full Service inc valve clearance adjust, aux belt change, timing chain check, Fuchs race fully synth oil swap.

Brake setup including Goodridge Braided Hoses, Motul rbf600 fluid change, Ferodo DS2500 pads and new disks all round.

FRSU using Eibach rear arms and bolts.

In the mean time i have fitted Bosch Aero Wipers, Honda Jazz washer jets, Dewipered rear, OSRAM bulbs.

Also gave it a proper clean today, PlastrX headlights, cleansed, clay bared, washed, sealed and polished.

Back