• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Satin Silver Facelift EP3

No, not lowered mate, i want to lower it tho, if anyone can recommend me a setup? Would like to go for just springs, for obvious cheapness, but i drove one that was lowered on apexi springs, and it knocked, ALOT, and i dont want that, so can anyone recommend me anything?

When i lowered mine on just springs (30mm apex) they tore up my standard shocks in no time. I put my springs on when the car had done about 30k so to be fair the shocks probably didn't have much life left in them anyway, they always made lots of clunking noises etc until i had enough. I went for koni adjustable shocks with 30 mm springs included(although i bought some 35mm to use instead) at a cost of about £435 IIRC. I cannot comment on other springs as i have no experience of them. I am very happy with my koni adjustables no clunking or suspension noises at all and the ride is firm but not overly hard and handles beautifully i highly recommend them.

Cheers guys, will look into suspension soon. I was hoping to be able to get away with just springs, but from what dirtyh has said, and from my experience of driving a very, very clunky CTR on Apex suspension, itl have to be shocks too! Or, is it just Apex springs that cause a problem? Are eibachs maybe ok?

DAMN, thats £400 then! lol. Modifiying a type r is so much more than my fiesta ST!

Lowering the car without uprating the shocks/dampers is always a bad move, no matter what the springs.

hi mate i have my 04satin lowered with the eibach pro spring kit. sits sweet and had no probs....:) ps lowered car 15-20mm all round!

Lower it with something like Eibach Springs, or Spoon Progressives if you're flush for cash. The get a fast road set up using camber adjusters. I would recomned the latter whether you're going to lower it or not anyway. Will transform the handling.
I always thought Spoon progressive springs keep the same ride height & work with standard dampers 100% fine. Just firm up at higher speeds.

Taking my car in tomorrow to tdi-north for lowering. Ive gone for the eibach pro kit and camber adjusters and bolts, getting it fast road set up also will let you know how i get on :cool:

Taking my car in tomorrow to tdi-north for lowering. Ive gone for the eibach pro kit and camber adjusters and bolts, getting it fast road set up also will let you know how i get on :cool:

Yeh make sure u do mate, and also, how much is that costing if u dont mind me asking?

Lowering the car without uprating the shocks/dampers is always a bad move, no matter what the springs.

My DC5 is on standard shocks but lower springs and is fine. Are you speaking from experience Nick, because I was pretty sure both of your CTR's were/are standard suspension wise?

Well, im gonna buy the eibach pro kit, just springs, and see how i go, if i need shocks il buy them after. And will have a fast road setup as and when.

Roll on pay day!

Also, has anyone got a NHB spoiler, or splitter for sale? Or kno where i can acquire one thats painted?

My DC5 is on standard shocks but lower springs and is fine. Are you speaking from experience Nick, because I was pretty sure both of your CTR's were/are standard suspension wise?

Experience yes, with motors past, and from speaking to various mechanics. The shocks will last a while of course, but there is more force put upon them and other dampening components.

When i lowered mine on just springs (30mm apex) they tore up my standard shocks in no time.

From what I've read Apex springs are poopy on various different car applications mate :(

I always thought Spoon progressive springs keep the same ride height & work with standard dampers 100% fine. Just firm up at higher speeds.

The Spoons are slightly lower like the Eibachs, but both are progressive so firm up the harder you push ;)

I had Eibachs on the Dc5 & now on the 182 & no complaints from me :D

I had the eibach pro springs fitted today with camber adjusters/bolts and a fast road set up. Thought car would sit lower than it does but its a nice suttle drop. The car doesnt seem to twitch as much when taking the corners at speed, over all im happy with the results.:cool:

I had the eibach pro springs fitted today with camber adjusters/bolts and a fast road set up. Thought car would sit lower than it does but its a nice suttle drop. The car doesnt seem to twitch as much when taking the corners at speed, over all im happy with the results.:cool:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it all cost? :twisted:

Got my plate on now, and some Heko wind deflectors, gave it a clean so decided take some pics:

P5030022.jpg

P5030024.jpg

P5030026.jpg

P5030027.jpg

P5030030.jpg

P5030033.jpg

P5030032.jpg

Back