• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My silver EP3 and rotrex build

Hi matey do you have to get rid of your a/c for stage 1 rotrex also how bad were the intake temps without the intercooler

No you can keep the A/C look on tts performance web site or rotrex superchargers uk. Intake temp at first wasnt too good at stage 1 took it back to paul at tdi who did the map and found after a spirited drive a sensor reading was making to map to fuel slightly wrong he altered/disabled part of the sensor and the map adjusted according bob's your uncle it was spot on after that.... till i wanted more power mwhuahahahahaha :evil:

Right little update for the start of 2012. The Rotrex spat its dummy out on the way to work in the first week of January. So ive been with out the car for a bit, while TTS and Rotrex sorted out a replacement (believe it was a seized bearing). Any how ive been plodding along in the van in the mean time, i thought its time for a few changes... so Evo 9 wheels were purchased with wheel nuts and sprigot rings. Followed by Toyo T1-R's all round 235/45/17 which meant arch linings out and a bit of loving to the arch's in the form of a big hammer and a grinder :p. Oil change and filter as always Fuch's titan Pro-s 5w-40 and Hamp and a new lambda sensor because i was sick of the MIL light coming on :mad:. Other then that Aerocatch's on the bonnet and its sat in the Body shop now for the dints in the bonnet and stone chips sorting out, should have her back Thursday fingers crossed think its going to put the fear of god back in me after driving the van every day for 2 months :D CANT WAIT!!!

Few pics

Charger back on
IMG_0761.jpg

CivicRob been a clown
IMG_0763.jpg

Rear linings out and sealed
IMG_0757.jpg

Rob making engine noises in a mates E30 waiting for a 200sx SR20 conversion ;)
IMG_0755.jpg

Bonnet catch's on
IMG_0766.jpg

And wheels and tyres will get a better pic soon on level ground
IMG_0753.jpg

Let me know what you think got the LSD going in on 7th April at Grinspeed :lol:

Looks a clean install that. I've not seen the layout of the EP3 Rotrex with intercooler up close before.

Is that the Mocal cooler under the N/S headlight?

Did TTS replace the bit for you FOC or make you cough for it?

I can't believe you are still driving it around without an LSD. :lol:

Rotrex covered it under the two year warranty luckily but when it went everything was fine, oil level and oil was getting round the system the impeller sheered clean off the sun shaft and was rattling about in the housing :mad: wasn't impressed. Intercooler we bought off the old Ebay and made the pipe work up our self. And yeah the mocal is under the headlight and has 3 holes in the bumper/splitter right infront of it, were going to put an engine oil cooler on the other side when we get time.

Been in it all weekend after giving it a good clean forgot how much i missed it lecurie its is a machine and a half if your ever at any of the meets ill take you for a spin.

ep31.jpg

ep32.jpg

will get some better pic's up soon

Another Update been a busy boy getting the car ready for the summer shows. done a few bit's new exhaust 3" bore from the manifold back custom made by Bret at top gear performance Doncaster as well as centering the intercooler. Had to make up new stainless lobster tail hard pipes which were a pain in the arse but totally worth it they look the bee's knees and car runs alot better thanks to both of these mods. Also had stage 4 comp clutch fitted and M factory LSD at Grinspeed by stevie top guy and highly recommended other then that powder coated the rocker cover. Hopefully be ready for the shows just needs some stiffer suspension now :)

Piccy's mainly exhaust build and hard pipes

IMG_0914.jpg
o
Out with the old
IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

Guys at work
IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

Took a good 8 hour to build the exhaust and 3 for the intercooler piping
IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

Polish finished bottom pipe
IMG_0942.jpg

top pipe
IMG_0944.jpg

Polished
IMG_0948.jpg

and all finished :) long day all in all
IMG_0950.jpg

Thanks all.

cheers mate just need to sort out body work and some firm suspension now and if i get bored a little more power :)

Its a big bit of kit but love it doesn't bang rattle or knock against anything like the old DC sports one got sick of it. And it shoots 1 foot flames out the arse end when booting it through the gears which is never a bad thing :lol:

Back