• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Silver EP3 CTR 2002

Car looks nice fella!

Is that Japspeed Manifold? If so where did you buy it and how much?

Thanks!

received my service parts today :)

Motul 8100
Small Hamp oil filter
Motul Inugel Optimal Coolant
Powerflex gearbox mount
Skunk2 drain magnetic plugs
Skunk2 radiator cap
Tegiwa wheel nuts conversion

Just waiting on NGK Laser sparks.

Looking good pal. I've just fitted my D1 wheel nuts. Need a long reach socket for them though. I dread taking my wheels off now as the socket takes the paint off them. Must admit the brake rebuild I did was a nightmare. Took about an hour just to get the dust seal on.

Looking good pal. I've just fitted my D1 wheel nuts. Need a long reach socket for them though. I dread taking my wheels off now as the socket takes the paint off them. Must admit the brake rebuild I did was a nightmare. Took about an hour just to get the dust seal on.

Cheers mate. Yeah I didn't have a deep socket and I've marked them :( will have to get a deep socket before taking them off. Brake rebuild wasn't too bad it was cleaning them up that took forever. Yeah the dust seal was abit fiddly especially on the rears as you have to twist the piston back on.

serviced the car today. Didn't have time to fit gearbox mount insert.

First off warmed the engine up abit before draining oil.

Draining Oil:

Fitted Skunk2 sump plug:

Had to take photo of the manifold!

Drained Coolant:

Removed plugs and sparks:

old sparks:

New sparks:

Short Hamp oil filer:

Fitted oil filter:

Flush radiator and then Filled radiator with Motul coolant:

Fitted Skunk2 radiator cap:

Then filled engine with Motul X8100 5w40 oil.

Changed Oil, Oil Filter, Coolant and sparks at 110,879 miles.

Next need to install gearbox insert. Going to do valve clearance when I get me gauge feeler.

Also really need to cleanup rocker cover and paint it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Headlight Project:

I didn't want to get facelift headlights, couldn't be bothered with all the wiring and i actually prefer the pre-facelight headlights so i thought of getting mini projectors for them.

Brought some headlights from ebay for £26.00

There in good condition but the lenses do need a good sanding down etc..

Then brought 2x 2.5" mini Bi-Xenon Projectors for £25.00 (on sale at the time.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261598102796?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

started off with one headlight. Put headlight in oven for 5 minutes.

disassembly headlight

Plastidip (Black) the shinny parts.

Before

after

New shiny mini projector

Cleaned inside and outside

waited for paint to dry and then fitted projector

temp fitted with lenses to see what it was like. They badly need sanding and restoring back.

I will be fitting H1 HID 10000k Bulbs with H4 Bi-Xenon Twin relay wiring harness HID conversion kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201294070928

Also will be getting 3M Headlight restoration kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251749289972?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Good job on the lights. How are you finding them now?

Be warned; D1 nuts work themselves loose. If you try to tighten them up to stop them falling off you'll just strip the thread. I nearly lost a wheel twice before I managed to get some new oem nuts.

Good job on the lights. How are you finding them now?

Be warned; D1 nuts work themselves loose. If you try to tighten them up to stop them falling off you'll just strip the thread. I nearly lost a wheel twice before I managed to get some new oem nuts.

Cheers mate. I haven't fitted them yet still doing them and still deciding if i should put on the car as I've now got to sell the car due to another child :(

oh really! they do looked good and I've marked them as haven't got a deep socket.

I've be taking them off and putting car back to standard before selling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Received my HID's and H4 harness adaptors.

Only just noticed while uploading the photos the plastidip has pealed away :( good it's plastidip as can just peel and redo.

I connected all cables and tested on the car to see if it would work and it does.

Wiring

Still deciding if i should put them on the car as I've now got to sell the car :( which I don't want to!

Back