• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 My thoughts on Top Gear (Ive owned both EP3 and FN2)

I dont know what you lot are harking on about its totally irrelevant.

They are both Poo..

Go drive a DC5 :twisted:

For a min then I thought I was on Cliosport.net on the 182 vs CTR thread...:rolleyes:

Clio 172 would have anything in the twisties - it was legend on the old Evo forum:D

I have an EP3 and if Honda offered me a swap to a FN2 then yes I'd say yes. Trade my EP3 in for one and pay the extra hmmmmm. really not sure on that.

Still you gotta laugh at how serious evryone over CTRO is getting.

EP3
Gt-_1930.jpg

FN2
smash_ad.jpg

Bread Van

civic-type-r.jpg

Smash robot

HondaTypeR_1_560px.jpg

Good lord Geoff...you have had more 'R's than Elton John.;) :lol:

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, i do like 'R's really. If the FN2 had another 40 horses and independant rear suspension i posssibly could get excited about it. :D

Ps, i've only had two 'R's mate but EmmaT is on her third.

Well after nearly 3 years on EP3 and nearly 10 months of FN2, my comparison is this..

FN2 Pros.

Comfort
Seats
Much better dash layout
sounds better
massive boot
much better ICE
Climate control
Cruise control
auto wipers & lights
folding mirrors

gimmicks are...rev lights, VTEC lights.and a bleeping key thing:lol: ....etc

EP3 pros

0.7 seconds quicker on lap.
better visibility
easier to mod
not got an ugly back end:lol:
has a spare wheel as standard

That is it....I really cannot think of anything that the EP3 has over the FN2 other than the fraction of a second and different looks...but that is down to personal taste.

Well after nearly 3 years on EP3 and nearly 10 months of FN2, my comparison is this..

FN2 Pros.

Comfort
Seats
Much better dash layout
sounds better
massive boot
much better ICE
Climate control
Cruise control
auto wipers & lights
folding mirrors

gimmicks are...rev lights, VTEC lights.and a bleeping key thing:lol: ....etc

EP3 pros

0.7 seconds quicker on lap.
better visibility
easier to mod
not got an ugly back end:lol:
has a spare wheel as standard

That is it....I really cannot think of anything that the EP3 has over the FN2 other than the fraction of a second and different looks...but that is down to personal taste.

I just think that the FN2 is for the older generation. I think its a great looking car and is more practical.

EP3 is just for the younger generation.

I sat in one when i went to a bike show and honda were there showing off the FN2 and the S2000, and the S2000 felt so tight.(Maybe coz im a fat cnut tho). But i liked the FN2.

I dont know what you lot are harking on about its totally irrelevant.

They are both Poo..

Go drive a DC5 :twisted:

yep, they are sooo good you sold it for a 20 year old Corolla :D :D :D

Its amazing how one balding, beer belly old dodder who regularly tunes his stereo to radio 3 can cause such a fuss about 2 cars.

Be honest! Who tunes into Top Gear to watch a factual based car review programme anymore. Even Jezza himself takes the **** out of the show and the BBC being underfunded for serious tests.
Its just a bloody good entertainment show for a sunday night.

Christ if we all took Top Gears opinion seriously, we'd all be cramming ourselves into supercars and driving across some open expanse of european soil.

The amount of times Clarkson has contadicted himself on TV goes to show how subjective and personal his road tests really are. Load of tosh!!

Just get on and drive the bloody things. :lol:

I love my EP3 and was really excited when the FN2 was announced. I had the FN2 for the 3 days and was really disappointed in it. I was expecting huge improvements and what I found was a cheaply produced car that had let down the red R brand. I love it's looks (except for the rear which is ugly) and it sounds nice too but it doesn't feel as solid as the ep3.

As for the Top gear review, the seat and key jibes were just nit picking though one thing he did miss is the FN2 is quieter inside than the ep3.
I still don't understand why Honda would change the rear suspension as it is a tried and tested on the EP3. If it aint broke don't fix it.

A bit of a let down and I hope the next revision is lots better. For me the FN2 is the Trendy type R that's for the masses and not for the driving enthusiasts.

Back