• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Type R modification Journey - Progress Thread

I got my new b pipe and Teg M induction kit fitted today, all I can say is woooow!!!! what a difference in both sound and performance, car feels and sounds great.

Unfortunately I didn't get the new exedy clutch and LSD fitted, as this is going take longer than originally planned :(

Instead of getting the clutch and LSD fitted, I was going to get Eibach pro spring kit, Eibach rear camber arms and Eibach front camber bolts and a FRSU Geo set up done, although some of the bolts had ceased up and didn't have spares if they snapped, so couldn't take the risk in doing this, going to sort this out for another day.

Here's a pic of the new b pipe installed:

qehura8y.jpg

I will get some photos of the Teg M up soon, need to give the engine bay a clean up, not very clean at the moment :(

I will also put a video up of the amazing sound that this produces, really happy with this :)

More updates to come soon :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I decided to give the engine bay a clean today, here's a picture with the new Teg M induction kit fitted and the carbon fibre scoop.

uqu5aju9.jpg

yze2ugu2.jpg

I'm going to give the car a wash, wax and polish tomorrow :)

I had the dreaded cat heatshield rattle and had to remove it lol, the ivtec cover has never rattled for me yet, so just gonna leave it on there, until I get my new inlet manifold and cam cover smoothed and painted, then I will take it off :)

Just a small update, just purchased some honda jazz washer jets and some door mirror tweeter inserts, going to be sorting the I.C.E out in my car soon :)

u9uvyper.jpg

Will post up my planned I.C.E set up soon :)

Big changes happening to the car soon, spoke with CPL racing today for some quotes and going to get it all done. Here's a list of what's coming:

Piper manifold and sports Cat

RBC inlet manifold bored to 70mm with adaptor plate bored to 70mm and hondata heatshield gasket.

Skunk2 70mm throttle body

K100 and full dyno tuning

I'm very excited about this, although the pocket isn't so happy lol.

Will update the thread once complete with dyno read and pics of the work :)

Still lots more to do, will keep posting as I go along :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes mate, my clutch is still good, so thought I would give it a little while before getting this done, as I will do the clutch and LSD at the same time, will then be getting either eibach pro kit or coilovers, not sure yet and also front camber bolts and adjustable rear camber arms and geo setup done.

My vision for the car is coming together now, know exactly what I want :)

Back