• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Type R modification Journey - Progress Thread

There's going to be some slight changes to the above, instead of the piper manifold and sports cat, I'm now getting a custom made manifold and custom made 200cell sports cat, also I am thinking of just getting the normal RBC manifold, keeping the standard throttle body, as the cost vs bhp gains is not really worth it with the 70mm RBC and 70mm throttle body, also I only have a 2.5 inch b pipe, so wouldn't really benefit from larger RBC and throttle body, still really excited about the changes coming :)

Just fitted some new ultra brilliance lights, hopefully now I can see better in the dark :)

6ane6agy.jpg

Also had one of these fitted in my front engine mount a while back.

u2a6e2a4.jpg

Also put new mats in the car a week ago, will post a pic up shortly, just giving the inside a clean :)

Nice I love this color . Which mats are these mate ?

Thanks mate, I got them new direct from honda, they are the same ones that the car came with from the factory, just my originals needed to be replaced, they were worn out lol, black mats with red trim, drivers mat has got the type r logo on it and the 2 holes to go over the metal plate, also got a new plate with rods to secure the drivers side mat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a read, the car is coming on lovely what are your plans after your trip to CPL? Iv had almost exactly the same mods as you so interested where your going next, forced/ N/a???

What a read, the car is coming on lovely what are your plans after your trip to CPL? Iv had almost exactly the same mods as you so interested where your going next, forced/ N/a???

Thanks buddy, I'm thinking of keeping the car N/A, well that's the intention anyway, though you never know lol, a JRSC may be on the cards in the future :).

Once all the performance and handling mods are complete, I will be focusing on the bodywork, alloys, interior and engine dress up etc. Cars in really good condition inside and out, so gonna leave that for the time being, will keep the thread updated as I progress, nice one :)

Hi mate, your car is certainly looking very crisp :) Once I have my car in my possession, then will upgrade on the little stuff. How did you find the bulbs from halfords, any good?

Hi mate, your car is certainly looking very crisp :) Once I have my car in my possession, then will upgrade on the little stuff. How did you find the bulbs from halfords, any good?

I haven't used them in the dark yet, only fitted them yesterday, will let you know, they do seem a lot brighter though when I tested them after fitting :)

So the new solid fabrications 3" cat back system is now on the car and it's amazing and sounds awesome,

Here's Alan from solid fabrications hard at work, top guy :)

ebevure3.jpg

Here is the system being fitted:

jarevunu.jpg

This is it completed :)

ru7ysumy.jpg

I will post a sound video up soon :)

Also picked up a Neuspeed short shifter Yesterday to sweeten up the gear changes and make them a bit quicker, thanks to Yates on the CTRO forums, top man for this sweet little purchase :)

6yvyjy8a.jpg

Looking forward to fitting this :)

Just a little update, fitted the honda jazz jet washers and also fitted the Neuspeed short shifter, jet washers are much better, going to be testing out the short shifter tommorow ;)

ebe5ugy5.jpg

Back