• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N/A build thoughts

Hey guys, I've had a supercharged CTR before, and whilst I loved it, I still think a naturally aspirated CTR takes some beating, so I'm gonna go for a decent N/A build including ITB's and cams. Not going to be stroking the engine at this moment in time. This is my shortlist for engine parts (I will be up rating suspension and drivetrain also).

TDI North/Titan ITB's
TDI North drop in cams
TDI North 3" exhaust
K100
Toda/Tegiwa Manifold
Uprated injectors
JDM anti roll bar
ES engine mounts

What's your thoughts on this for power etc? And have I missed anything regarding the engine? Anyone got a similar set up?

I am fully aware N/A tuning isn't cheap but I've wanted a good N/A build for a while now.

Cheers all.

Probably around 270-280 due to the ITB's and drop cam..Not sure someone must be know more than me. But I think it's going to be very dear with N/a built..with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're probably looking at around £6k plus inc fitting and mapping.

The ITBs are £2,700 fitted just by themselves.

What year car is it? By the time you've an LSD in it, springs and frsu and decent brakes, you'll have nearly put £10k into mods alone.

I can talk because I've been there, but would you not be better just getting a faster car to start off with?

You're probably looking at around £6k plus inc fitting and mapping.

The ITBs are £2,700 fitted just by themselves.

What year car is it? By the time you've an LSD in it, springs and frsu and decent brakes, you'll have nearly put £10k into mods alone.

I can talk because I've been there, but would you not be better just getting a faster car to start off with?

That was the sort of figure I had in mind for the engine.

I've been there before too. Had a jrsc ctr before. Yes, I could probably get a faster car for the money, however, I'm after a high revving n/a engine now. I've had a boosted ctr as mentioned and a few other high powered turbo motors and fancy going n/a again.

Would be used as a weekend and occasional track car.

My car is an 04 ep3.

You could achieve that without the ITB's to save some money.

That's pretty much my setup and it made 270.

Anywhere between 250-270bhp with all the variables. Weather, type of dyno, what gear it's dyno'd in, shorter final drives give happier figures etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back