• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

n00b question...

I can see the obvious gains of having parts of your motor made from Carbon Fibre, but I'm not a big fan of the whole CF look. Just wondering if you can paint over CF and if you can is it more expensive than a normal spray job?

It can be sprayed any colour you want my friend.

As for the pricing & process, I think it's much the same as normal.
But not 100%

IIRC carbon fibre can be painted, though the preparation is different from metal body panels - CF needs something sprayed on it first so the paint will stick properly.

Oh I've got plenty of ideas, It's just a case of raising the funds and doing it under the radar!

CF can be painted the same as any other panel. You just have to make sure the paint has a plasticiser added to it. This will stop any cracking if the panel is flexed.

As long as the gelcote on the surface is fully keyed up and degreased then anything will stick to it.

Hope this helps. :D

Looks like any other panel tbh Wee Man.

It's only on cars like the Ferrari F40 that you can see the weave through the paint as less paint equals less weight ;)

Ah cheers, Lee. Anyone on TRO painted their CF?

I was going to do this when I get some CF bits but most people think it will look sh1te. :eek:

;) No worries Youngun.

Ben (Zeff's) bonnet is a Mugen style CF painted Milano to match in iirc.

Don't chicken curry what others think of your car Carl, if you like something mate, you have it ;)

lol. Cheers, mate. ;)

I couldn't care less what people say about my car, I do what I want. :smt047 :twisted:

Thanks again for the info monkey man. :)

When my car is painted very soon, I will be painting the BC bonnet to match. Well I won't but the spray guys will :D

Back