• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

n1 problem

ok my problem is i have just put my spoon n1 on the car and it is knocking fairly badly so i had a look and it is touching the floor pan where the bend is on the n1, has any one else had this and if so what did you do to rectify it, by the way i,m a mechanical dunce so please keep it simple:p thanks damian

Never heard of this before. Check the B-pipe is on it's mounts properly, if that is hanging wrong then it will throw the back box out.

If it looks OK it might be the hanging arms themselves are bent.

You haven't said what car you have, so I can only show you pics of my old N1 on my old EP3.

They should look like this:
DSC01755.jpg

and it should hang near the bumber like this:
Dsc017862.jpg

Did you have any pics before you put it on?

thanks loxy, no i have no pics and its an ep3 but looking at the picture of yours mine sits alot higher than yours to the bumper, i was a little worried i had got an n1 for a dc 5 or something even though i bought it of someone who had it on his ep3, but its the exact same as yours i,e the brackets, i,m now thinking it might be the rubber mounts are wrong even though they were ok with my std exhaust.

This happened on mine.

Go out and undo the bolts on the backbox slightly, you will see the whole thing move away from the body :)

cheers james i cant believe it was that simple i have been scratching my head for an hour and a half even nearly had it on ebay lol and thanks again loxy for posting the pics if i ever meet either of you there will be a free pint on the bar lol cheers damian

I had the same woes, so I was going to take it off the car to refit, and as soon as I started undoing the bolts - it sorted itself. :)

Win.

Back